Jouneyman Project Pegasus Prime

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

wstrohm

Post by wstrohm »

Yes. In Interface Biochip mode, the Menu provides a SAVE function. The problem was that an error message comes up that says the typed-in name of file is "invalid." Wife discovered that the only format apparently acceptable is "MAY1", must be date with all caps, no further text. Rules for save game filenames are not shown anywhere that we can see. So she is now off and running. Thanks for your help!

Edit: Now there is a further problem: BIT says "Insert Disc 2," which is done, the disc is read according to the Windows OS showing the spinning disc icon, then the disc contents window appears, covering the BIT window. If the disc contents window is closed, the "Insert Disc 2" message is still up in the BIT display, and clicking "OK" does nothing. Message stays, and game does not progress.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

wstrohm wrote:Edit: Now there is a further problem: BIT says "Insert Disc 2," which is done, the disc is read according to the Windows OS showing the spinning disc icon, then the disc contents window appears, covering the BIT window. If the disc contents window is closed, the "Insert Disc 2" message is still up in the BIT display, and clicking "OK" does nothing. Message stays, and game does not progress.
Well, this is getting way off topic. :wink:

I don't know if you're running the Win3.1 or Win95 version, but you should still be able to merge all the discs onto one. At least my Win3.1 version still works (it's checking for BIT_DISC.*).
wstrohm

Post by wstrohm »

Thanks for all your help! Don't know how to "merge" the 3 CD-ROMs onto a single disc (DVD, I presume) but will go with what we have.

Sorry about subject hijacking... but there is no forum I can find on the subject of "Buried in Time." Since my last post, we did find a patch v1.1 online and applied it. (Our game is v1.0.1.1.) Now BIT will start fine with Disc 2 in the drive.

I'll quit using your bandwidth now; once again, thanks for helping me get through PP and also thanks for ScummVM in general!
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

wstrohm wrote:Thanks for all your help! Don't know how to "merge" the 3 CD-ROMs onto a single disc (DVD, I presume) but will go with what we have.
I simply meant just copy all the data onto one DVD.
wstrohm wrote:Sorry about subject hijacking... but there is no forum I can find on the subject of "Buried in Time." Since my last post, we did find a patch v1.1 online and applied it. (Our game is v1.0.1.1.) Now BIT will start fine with Disc 2 in the drive.
We don't have any support for Buried in Time, so there isn't one :wink:
wstrohm wrote:I'll quit using your bandwidth now; once again, thanks for helping me get through PP and also thanks for ScummVM in general!
Thanks for playing through!
electricsheep82

Size of extracted files?

Post by electricsheep82 »

Can anyone tell me what the final size of the extracted and combined PP Data folders should be? When I did it I got 2.11 GB, but scummvm isn't recognizing the game when I try to add it. I'm using the 6/2 daily 64-bit win build. Thanks!
clone2727
Retired

Re: Size of extracted files?

Post by clone2727 »

electricsheep82 wrote:Can anyone tell me what the final size of the extracted and combined PP Data folders should be? When I did it I got 2.11 GB, but scummvm isn't recognizing the game when I try to add it. I'm using the 6/2 daily 64-bit win build. Thanks!
How did you extract the data?
electricsheep82

Post by electricsheep82 »

clone2727 wrote:
electricsheep82 wrote:Can anyone tell me what the final size of the extracted and combined PP Data folders should be? When I did it I got 2.11 GB, but scummvm isn't recognizing the game when I try to add it. I'm using the 6/2 daily 64-bit win build. Thanks!
I used the trial version of a program called TransMac http://www.asy.com/scrtm.htm. I extracted the folder from each disc starting with 1 and copied the next discs' files into the folder, not overwriting if the file was already there.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

electricsheep82 wrote:
clone2727 wrote:
I used the trial version of a program called TransMac http://www.asy.com/scrtm.htm. I extracted the folder from each disc starting with 1 and copied the next discs' files into the folder, not overwriting if the file was already there.
That site makes no mention of resource forks, so I don't give it any credibility. Not to mention there are free tools that get the job done a lot better. See our wiki for proper instructions.
wstrohm

Post by wstrohm »

Can anyone tell me what the final size of the extracted and combined PP Data folders should be?
I also have 2.11 GB (2,269,077,939 Bytes). PP works fine under ScummVM v1.6.0git dated March 15, 2013, on my PPC PowerMac G5, Mac OS X 10.4.11.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

wstrohm wrote:I also have 2.11 GB (2,269,077,939 Bytes). PP works fine under ScummVM v1.6.0git dated March 15, 2013, on my PPC PowerMac G5, Mac OS X 10.4.11.
Yes, but you didn't extract as MacBinary or AppleDouble so the sizes will be different :wink:
wstrohm

Post by wstrohm »

Yes, but you didn't extract as MacBinary or AppleDouble so the sizes will be different
True. I pulled the files from each CD-ROM as-is.