Jouneyman Project Pegasus Prime

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

wstrohm

Post by wstrohm »

I've played through this segment many times and have had no problem. Please provide screenshots of exactly what you're doing. EDIT: As soon as the buttons highlight, press the "down" button on the screen and then as soon as you can use the claw, then use the "right" button. Don't wait for an action to happen.
Things happen too fast to take a screenshot, sorry. I understand your instruction, but pressing the "right" segment of the panel does nothing since it is not lit, once the "Grab" control is used. I'll try it again, but I've tried it before.
It's working here where the energy gets reset to full. You should have two hours each time (unless your energy is drained from an external force).
Energy does get reset to full in my game, but I am thrown back to the beginning of the "age." For instance, if I am just at the beginning of the robot attack sequence with 25% energy left and I use Pegasus to return to TSA, I get 100% energy back. But now what? If I jump to NORAD again, I am in the first room with the sleeping gas canister, the robot opens the door & challenges me, and although I still have all my inventory items, I have to take the sub ride from Alpha to Delta again, re-do the Missile launch puzzle, and once again I am down to 25% as I enter the sub control room in the Delta section. On the other hand, if after re-energizing I restore my last game, I'm once again at 25% energy going into the sub control room. Catch 22.

Are you saying you can "recharge" at TSA and return to where you left off? How do you do that?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Oh, I'm sorry. Yes, you always have to return to the beginning of the time zone. I misunderstood your post.

I definitely don't think you should be drained down to 25% by the time you get to the end of Norad. I have more than 75% at the end.
wstrohm

Post by wstrohm »

OK, I got that. I'll try to play NORAD through again and note when the energy levels change. In general I am notified by the hot lady at 50%, 25%, and 5% (death immediately follows). I do know that I see 25% immediately after completing the Missile Launch puzzle. It seems like I was at 50% after reaching the Delta section by sub. (And that is assuming I have O2 filter ON, have the Retinal scan biochip, and whatever else I need to play straight through NORAD.)
wstrohm

Post by wstrohm »

Finally got through the robot puzzle; this time the control panel was lit on all segments after "Grabbing" the robot. So "Move down, Grab, Move right" in rapid sequence (commands must have memory) did the job. All 3 time/locations are now "resolved." But back at Caldoria, apparently I need a "card bomb" to get into the roof garden. That is supposedly under a lock in the Reactor Room on Mars, but I've been in there and rotated the platform all the way around, looking behind me at each step, and I never saw a lock. What do you have to do to see that lock?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Did you extend the platform?
wstrohm

Post by wstrohm »

The sign says Extend Platform, but when I click on the active area it just rotates one way or the other. I've gone all the way around both ways... is there a tiny area of the panel somewhere that I have to find?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Did you load a game before you did the Mars maze or just go back in time again after completing Mars?

You're not supposed to be able to complete Mars without getting the time bomb. It's a bug in the original source (you would have experienced it with the classic binary too) and I asked what the exact behavior should be. It should be fixed soon so this can't happen again.
wstrohm

Post by wstrohm »

Mars was the last time/location I "completed" before being zipped back to Caldoria. I haven't yet attempted to return. I could replay the last Mars sequence (I have a saved game at its beginning), but don't know how to find the lock in the Reactor Room. I don't think I can return to Mars from the game's present state, since there is currently no "rip" in time active. Is there a "magic" way to extend the platform somehow?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

wstrohm wrote:Mars was the last time/location I "completed" before being zipped back to Caldoria. I haven't yet attempted to return. I could replay the last Mars sequence (I have a saved game at its beginning), but don't know how to find the lock in the Reactor Room. I don't think I can return to Mars from the game's present state, since there is currently no "rip" in time active. Is there a "magic" way to extend the platform somehow?
Extend the platform before doing the rest of Mars (no maze, no shuttle).
wstrohm

Post by wstrohm »

Finally managed to get through Mars including getting the "card bomb" in the reactor room. My problem was not seeing that the cursor changed function on the panel when lowered over the "Extend platform" text on the panel. I'm used to my cursor 'blinking' when moved between active hot spots, but in this game that's not true.

Got to the bomb defuse puzzle, but cannot solve more than Level 2... I'm just not good at this. If I ever finish this game I will reply here.
wstrohm

How to donate to ScummVM?

Post by wstrohm »

Still struggling with PP's last puzzle... I'm just not fast enough.

Wanted to send a PayPal donation, was referred to the ScummVM website, but when I attempt to access it, I get this message:
Smarty compile dir (include/smarty/template_c) isn't writeable!
So I cannot get to your home page! Can you help? Thanks!
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

wstrohm: That seems to be a transient error. Just checked and it is working fine for me at the moment. In case, it still doesn't work for you, our Paypal donation link is via Sourceforge and is:
http://sourceforge.net/donate/index.php?group_id=37116
wstrohm

Post by wstrohm »

Thanks... your link worked fine for me. Being able to play Pegasus Prime with no CDs required is definitely worth $$ to me!
wstrohm

Post by wstrohm »

Finally made it through the final bomb puzzle with the help of the online walkthrough video (9 of 9), my printer, and my wife calling the directions to move in the circuit mazes. Thought I would never get there!

OK, now would like to play "Journeyman Project 2: Buried in Time." We have the Windows CD-ROM game. Wife's Fry's computer will run that game, but she is unable to save games. Is there a Mac version? Or some secret to saving BIT games?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

wstrohm wrote:OK, now would like to play "Journeyman Project 2: Buried in Time." We have the Windows CD-ROM game. Wife's Fry's computer will run that game, but she is unable to save games. Is there a Mac version? Or some secret to saving BIT games?
Did you use the "Interface BioChip" to save the game?