Jouneyman Project Pegasus Prime

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

BenMcLean wrote: This is exactly the sort of thing that only one human should have to do once. It's what we've got scripting languages for.
Hopefully the process will be easier by the time the game is officially supported. I wrote a shell script that uses HFS Utilities and submitted it for feedback on the ScummVM mailing list. It could cover the Unix side of the problem, unless someone comes up with something more user friendly.

For reference, the mailing list message can be found here.
BenMcLean

Post by BenMcLean »

I just selected the PP Data folder on each CD, extracted it to a folder as data and resource fork
What I get in the program is two different options: data or resource. Not data and resource. So I'm confused like what the heck do you mean.
monster99f150
Got a warning

Post by monster99f150 »

BenMcLean wrote:
I just selected the PP Data folder on each CD, extracted it to a folder as data and resource fork
What I get in the program is two different options: data or resource. Not data and resource. So I'm confused like what the heck do you mean.
Only hfsexplorer can extract files both data and resource at the same time so you don't have to guess which files need to be which. Hfvexplorer doesn't do this.
BenMcLean

Post by BenMcLean »

Well I finally got the game running with scummvm on PC by copying files using a Mac. Here's what I did:

From each disc, copied PP DATA to a folder like Desktop/1/PP DATA/, Desktop/2/PP DATA/ and so on. Then compressed folders 1 2 3 and 4 to a zip file and carried it over on USB to my Windows machine. Then I merged all the PP DATA from each disc into one folder including the PP DATA folders from the __MACOSX hidden files. Which means eight PP DATA folders merged. Then and only then, the game runs.

I'm very happy and wondering why the hell the TSA would 1. give you a mapping chip that doesn't work in pressurized environments and 2. ask agents to take the disc from 200 million B.C. instead of making a copy and taking the copy back to the future. If you take the original then next time there's a distortion, you're pretty screwed.
BenMcLean

Post by BenMcLean »

The game crashes if I try to go a certain way in 200 million B.C. If developer(s) are unaware of this then I can make note of the steps to reproduce this error. I'm not sure what's supposed to happen around that corner but it's not essential to complete the game.

The prehistoric area appears to be much bigger and more complicated than I remember from Turbo!
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

monster99f150 wrote:Now I've made my way to mars and I took the shuttle door to take out the last robot that tries to leave the station. Now as soon as the screen goes large and it shows you the view inside the shuttle, scummVM just crashes with a windows error every-time. Guess I'm stuck now as I can't continue on until this is fixed..Darn!!!
Maybe it would help if you actually pasted the error.
BenMcLean wrote:The game crashes if I try to go a certain way in 200 million B.C. If developer(s) are unaware of this then I can make note of the steps to reproduce this error. I'm not sure what's supposed to happen around that corner but it's not essential to complete the game.
Try running with a console to see if there's any error. Then try on your Mac without zipping the data and see if it still happens.
BenMcLean

Post by BenMcLean »

Unfortunately, it's not my Mac. It's somebody else's Mac I was able to borrow one time. I really can't play the game on a Mac which is the whole reason why I'm using scummvm. But I'll try and report back to you on the console thing
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

BenMcLean wrote:Unfortunately, it's not my Mac. It's somebody else's Mac I was able to borrow one time. I really can't play the game on a Mac which is the whole reason why I'm using scummvm. But I'll try and report back to you on the console thing
You can't play the game on a modern Mac anyway :wink:

I have a feeling your messing around with the data from the __MACOSX folder (which should be AppleDouble files) is the problem. AppleDouble should only be supported if the AppleDouble files (containing only the resource fork) are named "._<Insert Data Fork Name Here>".
BenMcLean

Post by BenMcLean »

clone2727 wrote:
BenMcLean wrote:Unfortunately, it's not my Mac. It's somebody else's Mac I was able to borrow one time. I really can't play the game on a Mac which is the whole reason why I'm using scummvm. But I'll try and report back to you on the console thing
You can't play the game on a modern Mac anyway :wink:

I have a feeling your messing around with the data from the __MACOSX folder (which should be AppleDouble files) is the problem. AppleDouble should only be supported if the AppleDouble files (containing only the resource fork) are named "._<Insert Data Fork Name Here>".
They are named that. Leaving the __MACOSX folders unmerged won't let scummvm recognize the game in the regular folder and will generate an error message that the first image is missing in the __MACOSX folder.
monster99f150
Got a warning

Post by monster99f150 »

We seriously need a copy tool built into scummvm tools that will make the process of copying the 4 CD's as simple as possible for everyone. I hate the Mac file system...
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Yeah, it took me about an hour to copy, merge, rename and convert all the files. Hard work:P does anyone know the game shortname for Pegasus Prime? Bih thanks to cloney for supporting this game!
monster99f150
Got a warning

Post by monster99f150 »

Longcat wrote:Yeah, it took me about an hour to copy, merge, rename and convert all the files. Hard work:P does anyone know the game shortname for Pegasus Prime? Bih thanks to cloney for supporting this game!
TJP Pegasus Prime or TJP PP are some...
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

No, I mean the game shortname used by scummvm to identify a game.. I organize all my games in folders according to their short name.

Edit; I found it, the game id is 'pegasus'. Thanks LordHoto!
monster99f150
Got a warning

Post by monster99f150 »

I get this error message when trying to enter shuttle 3 on mars, I cannot progress beyond this point in the game:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'what(): std::bad_alloc

This appllication has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

monster99f150 wrote:I get this error message when trying to enter shuttle 3 on mars, I cannot progress beyond this point in the game:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'what(): std::bad_alloc

This appllication has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
Try again with the next build.