ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > The Junkyard > Jouneyman Project Pegasus Prime Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Jouneyman Project Pegasus Prime
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
monster99f150
Got a warning

Jouneyman Project Pegasus Prime 

I noticed clone2727 has the game fully playable in scummVM. question is when is it gonna be playable for us in the latest daily build? I had expected this for Xmas or new years....but those 2 events are past now and nothing, no news. So sad nobody believes in surprises this year. I guess 2012 is the end of how things used to be.

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:18 am 
sev
ScummVM Lead

As he stated, he is working with the IP owners in order to obtain required permissions. So far only he can see the sources, not even me as the project lead Smile. So please be patient.

Eugene

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:20 am 
clone2727
ScummVM Team Member

Re: Jouneyman Project Pegasus Prime 

quote:
Originally posted by monster99f150
I noticed clone2727 has the game fully playable in scummVM. question is when is it gonna be playable for us in the latest daily build? I had expected this for Xmas or new years....but those 2 events are past now and nothing, no news. So sad nobody believes in surprises this year. I guess 2012 is the end of how things used to be.
Geez, man, have a little patience! I would love to get this into my repo as quickly as possible too. Can't rush legal things Wink
Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:10 pm 
monster99f150
Got a warning

oh I got patience.. I literally visit your blog on a daily basis to see if there's anything new about TJP: Pegasus Prime. I dont think theres anyone else as devoted as I am, I find myself literally obsessed with the game. I check every morning and night ever since Feb 21/2011. I'm on 64-bit windows and sheepshaver sucks, switching CD's so can't get past a certain early pout in the game.

I just can't wait to play it. Hey I have a question, did you have to extract the files from all 3 or 4 CDs, because there's a directory on there with a / it's called closing opening or something and that character is not valid on a windows filesystem. Will it just be replaced with a space instead?

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:50 pm 
clone2727
ScummVM Team Member

quote:
Originally posted by monster99f150
I just can't wait to play it. Hey I have a question, did you have to extract the files from all 3 or 4 CDs, because there's a directory on there with a / it's called closing opening or something and that character is not valid on a windows filesystem. Will it just be replaced with a space instead?
On OS X, you can still keep the forward slash, but on other systems one must replace it with an underscore for the code to work. Same with the Norad monitor file. Not that this matters yet since the code isn't online Wink
Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:02 pm 
monster99f150
Got a warning

Doesn't mean I can't have the files on my hard drive patiently waiting when I can fire up scummVM and enjoy playing the game all day and night. =)

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:59 am 
Paolo86

The same things happens to me with dreamweb. I just happen to be luckier than you 'cause that's already partially playable Smile

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:55 pm 
scoriae

you guys require legal permissions just to add a game to scummvm now? That can't be right, i must be misunderstanding what the permissions are for.

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:04 pm 
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

quote:
Originally posted by scoriae
you guys require legal permissions just to add a game to scummvm now? That can't be right, i must be misunderstanding what the permissions are for.

This engine is based on source code provided by the original authors (like Tinsel, BASS, FotAQ, Hugo, etc), so it needs to get a final OK before it can be made public.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:45 pm 
monster99f150
Got a warning

Any updates??

Post Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:17 pm 
clone2727
ScummVM Team Member

No..

Post Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:09 am 
monster99f150
Got a warning

Darn..

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:39 am 
sev
ScummVM Lead

Yeah

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:14 am 
SirPrimalform

The recent release of The Journeyman Project 3 on GOG got me thinking about this. I wonder if the possibility of a GOG release would provide an incentive for the rights holder to allow the Pegasus Prime support to be included in ScummVM?

I don't know if GOG are aware of the PP support or not, but it might be worth someone here contacting them about this since they would have more clout to negotiate with whoever owns PP now.
Is it Presto Studios or Namco Bandai who owns this remake by the way?

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:54 pm 
clone2727
ScummVM Team Member

quote:
Originally posted by SirPrimalform
The recent release of The Journeyman Project 3 on GOG got me thinking about this. I wonder if the possibility of a GOG release would provide an incentive for the rights holder to allow the Pegasus Prime support to be included in ScummVM?

I don't know if GOG are aware of the PP support or not, but it might be worth someone here contacting them about this since they would have more clout to negotiate with whoever owns PP now.

Patience, patience. The problem is not "we don't want it in ScummVM" it's "there's a couple legal things to clear up first".

However, I am already (and have been for a while) in direct contact with the guys from Presto. These things just take time.
Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:58 pm 
Reply to topic