Straight answer on whether the Kindle Fire is compatible

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

disconnectD

Straight answer on whether the Kindle Fire is compatible

Post by disconnectD »

Hi, I'm new to the forums and can't seem to locate this information very easily so I'd be extremely appreciative for a solid answer on this. I've gathered that the merged 1.4 port works with 1.6 and above, but I've tried to get it to work on my non-rooted fire to no avail. I'm pretty sure I've followed the instructions to a tee. Can anyone help me along?

Thank you in advance,

Jp
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Works fine on my Kindle Fire.
tempsanity

Post by tempsanity »

It works on my Kindle HOWEVER I can't get the games to work properly, e.g. Beneath the Steel Sky - I cannot find the "use" button even though I tried changing the settings (I can look at things but cannot use them, hence it is unusable for me). Can you check if you can find a way around it?
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

To "use" in BASS you need to "right-click", which on Android / Kindle Fire translates to a two finger tap (see: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Android )
kita88

Post by kita88 »

I use scummvm to kindle fire. If I do a double tap, then it is perceived as pressing the left mouse button. If I make a two fingers tap, pressing the right mouse button does not occur. I tried to play the "goblins 2", toonstruck crash after the intro cutscene.
dan000

Post by dan000 »

joostp wrote:Works fine on my Kindle Fire.
I tried it on my Kindle Fire and I can't get the keyboard to display, which means ok can't save my game. How'd you get around that?