Where is Leon?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Where is Leon?

Post by Strangerke »

Chief finally found a husband for his "beautiful" daughter, but before the end of the ceremony, Leon escaped. So now... where is Leon?

The ScummVM Team is proud to announce that Soltys is playable for the first time in English and Polish using ScummVM! Special thanks to L.K. Avalon and Mr Wiśniewski for providing the sources and to nutron for spending so much time on the translation!

So, grab the game on our downloads page and test it! As usual, all bugs should be reported to our bug tracker following our bug submission guidelines. While you play through the game, we would love it if you could take some screenshots for us. You will also need to get a ScummVM Daily Build to play this game.

If you would like to contribute further, you could invest some of your free time in translating Soltys and Dragon History, which should be easy to translate to most European-based languages.
If you are interested, please contact translation AT scummvm DOT org.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

A small note if you are interested in translating this game: there is extra information on our wiki
Smothermunchie

Post by Smothermunchie »

Do you have a link or two where this game can be purchased?

Google is coming up empty for me.

Cheers. :)
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Smothermunchie wrote:Do you have a link or two where this game can be purchased?
The game is freeware. So as written in the first post you can grab it from our download page.
Smothermunchie

Post by Smothermunchie »

Sorry, I read your post all wrong.

I read it as you posting the latest SCUMM build and not the game itself.

My apologies.
JenniBee

Post by JenniBee »

Nice! Thanks for the new freeware game and the English translation. :)

I see that you don't have a category icon for this game yet. Will this icon work for what you need?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

JenniBee wrote:I see that you don't have a category icon for this game yet. Will this icon work for what you need?
Thanks. That's better than the '?' icon for sure. :)
I have added this icon for our download page for now (until we get a better one, if we ever do).
Smothermunchie

Post by Smothermunchie »

Whenever I load a saved game, I lose all the numbers for the different locations to visit.

They won't reappear until a new row is unlocked.

I can still go places but I'm kind of clicking blindly without them being there.

Oh, and many of these puzzles are completely illogical. :)

Thanks for the game by the way.
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

Smothermunchie: Could you re-check it with the latest daily build, I'm not able to reproduce it. Could you also specify the platform you're using?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Strangerke
Smothermunchie

Post by Smothermunchie »

I'm using a Maemo 4 build. scummvm_1.5.0~git0785.gf5e945c_armel.

I'm not sure if or when another version will be released anytime soon.

But yeah, that bug after loading a saved game has happened twice now on each row.

I'm saving from the SCUMM menu if this means anything.
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

5 versions have been built since then.
I build one once a day on average (some days nothing, some days multiple)

EDIT: also the way I am publishing them sucks because the forum doesn't email when one edits a post.
Smothermunchie

Post by Smothermunchie »

Hey Tarek, is there some thread or page that I can subscribe to so that I can get an instant notification whenever you release a new build? :)
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

I'll come up with something and let you know.
In the meantime, please try the latest and see if it is still a problem, if yes, log a bug.
Smothermunchie

Post by Smothermunchie »

^ I'm now using scummvm_1.5.0~git0937.g270eb87_armel.

Same issue as before with this game.

I'll file a bug along with my save file either tonight or tomorrow.
Jinx1337

Post by Jinx1337 »

My heart just skipped and I couldn't belive my own eyes!!!

This was one of my favourite childhood games! I am going to give the English translation a try, seeing how the game has LOTS of weird, Polish post-communism humour (that I imagine was BEYOND impossible to translate )

This includes the illogical puzzles (which in fact, are quite logical IF you're familiar with said humour [and I doubt even the younger generations of Poles are today]).

A thousand "thank yous" to both LK AVALAON (which was a cult developer back in the day), all the coders and translators!

I wonder if more gems from LK AVALON could be incorporated into into ScummVM (AD 2044, Skaut Kwatermaster etc.).
There's also "Kajko i Kokosz" game, based around a Polish comic book - basically, a slavic version of Asterix, but I can't remember the developer's name.

edit:

Here's a fun fact; the game required a tremendous amounts of himemory/extended memory in order to have the music playing in the background. Not many people even knew how to set it up, so the devs included a TAPE with the music, to listen on your player while you game. It also contained a booklet with stories (basically, retold jokes on which the game is based around).

Oh, the memories. How I miss the 90's.