Drascula engine

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

thenoise

Drascula engine

Post by thenoise »

Hi Guys

Any chance the engine for Drascula will be added to the Android Marketplace?

Fancied giving it a go as it's free to download from here but can't seem to add it on my Sony Tablet using the latest version on the Market.

I also have an old copy of Cruise for a Corpse that should be supported but again i can't find the engine on the Market.

Appreciate any help.

Rob
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Re: Drascula engine

Post by fuzzie »

thenoise wrote:Fancied giving it a go as it's free to download from here but can't seem to add it on my Sony Tablet using the latest version on the Market.

I also have an old copy of Cruise for a Corpse that should be supported but again i can't find the engine on the Market.
Argh. The Market developer console is *very* buggy - it keeps randomly forgetting my uploads, and then enforcing upload limits. I'll go try uploading the missing engines *again*, but if they don't appear, you can download all supported plugins from our download page (the .apk files in the Android .zip file are identical to the Market versions).
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

A few more attempts later and everything except Hugo and TsAGE (which is my fault, I have yet to upload the required screenshots) seems to have worked. H'rah?
thenoise

Post by thenoise »

Oh, awesome.

Thanks so much.
thenoise

Post by thenoise »

Ha, next question

Anyone able to advise on how to save in Drascula?

Apparently it's F10 but i'm not sure how you do that in the android version. I know about how to bring up the keyboard and I can successfully get it to recognise F1 and F5 by pressing th number keys, but not F10.

Thanks again for any help you might have.

Rob
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

thenoise wrote:Ha, next question

Anyone able to advise on how to save in Drascula?

Apparently it's F10 but i'm not sure how you do that in the android version. I know about how to bring up the keyboard and I can successfully get it to recognise F1 and F5 by pressing th number keys, but not F10.

Thanks again for any help you might have.

Rob
Depends on your device, but pressing the menu button should bring up the global main menu where you can save.
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

KuroShiro wrote:
thenoise wrote:Apparently it's F10 but i'm not sure how you do that in the android version. I know about how to bring up the keyboard and I can successfully get it to recognise F1 and F5 by pressing th number keys, but not F10.
pressing the menu button should bring up the global main menu where you can save.
From looking at the source code, it looks like it doesn't support GMM saving/loading and it doesn't support anything except the F10 key. And the input logic is a huge mess with WinCE-specific #ifdefs and associated FIXME comments everywhere, ugh.

The unofficial SDL port at http://anddev.at.ua/load/scummvm_svn55436/1-1-0-7 should let you press the F keys via the virtual keyboard, it might be worth a try (with the disclaimer that it's slower/buggy/crashier for me, and obviously it's unofficial so we don't support it at all).

I'll be sure to bear this in mind this along with the other input issues.