Text redable.

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Jagirulo

Text redable.

Post by Jagirulo »

The text is not understund in 208x176, the size is not the problem, the reason is that the screen is deformed. The correct resolution (and proportional) would be 208x156 or *235x176 (*all the image would not be seen, but he would be more comfortable). With these two ways the text can be understund well (i think). I do not know if my explanation is good. Sorry for my english.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I don't think that the proportions of the image displayed has any thing to do with the readability of the text, more how the screen is compressed and the graphics interpolated. There is better (and perhaps slower) ways to do this, so I will see if I can introduce this into the sdl backend, and also faster but worse for slower devices.

So most games are in 320x200 resolution, so have the right proportions the screen should either be 282x176 or 208x130 actually for that resolution.

Only the japanese (of course. :-) games are running in a 320x240 mode and would thus use a screen mode of either 208x156 or 235x176.

Which games have you been testing with?
Jagirulo

Post by Jagirulo »

I have proven many games and work fine, among them Monkey 1 and 2, Sam & Max, Simon, Loom, etc... B. Steel Sky it is closed in the logo.
About the 208x176 resolution, is a little deformed, right?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Ahh sure its deformed. The screenration of the S60 devices is not like on the pc (1.6:1 or 1.333:1) so most S60 users tend to like screen usage more than having the right/correct aspect ration. I

n pico there is one mode where I render 320x224 as 208x176, there you can talk about distorsion, but filling the screen seems to be the most important thing for many ppl.
Jagirulo

Post by Jagirulo »

I would like to see that mode of picodrive... :P
Jagirulo

Post by Jagirulo »

Sorry, with the last version of Scummvm B.S.Sky works well! The option of manual scroll is better than the previous option, but it continues being a little uncomfortable (to improve this is complicated).

We hoped to be able to read the text in complete screen, someday.

With respect to Picodrive/SMSPlus there is some news?

Salu2.
uKER

Post by uKER »

Count me in in the list of people who are dying to see some proper image downsampling in ScummVM. :)
The N70 sure has what it takes. ;)
Also, correct aspect ratio would be just TOO MUCH. :D
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I will see if I can borrow some code from Matans SDL work (which included MAME code btw). And if anyone has a good algoritm I can use, it would be nice to get some suggestions.