Good 'n' cheap tablet for use Scumm VM android port

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Moodyman

Good 'n' cheap tablet for use Scumm VM android port

Post by Moodyman »

Hello scummers,

I am new in this forum but I use to check it since some years ago, and first thing I must do is to thank everyone who have been involved in this. You have helped me a lot.

I have ScummVM installed in differents devices: Macbook (laptop), iMac, iPhone, and.. the next step seems that it should be an iPad, but I don't need to spend 500$ just for a mobile device. (Anyway, don't want to go offtopic)

I am thinking to buy a tablet device exclusively for ScummVM.

I am very lost about tablet devices, and I wonder if someone of the Android port users could recomend me one that could do the work.

I am planning to spend until 150$. In monkey-island irc-chat some one have recommend me the upcoming Kindle Fire by Amazon. It looks really cool, its only 7" and 200$, and I wonder if is it possible to install ScummVM on it.

NOTE: I don't want to make a possible future discussions between wich models are better than others. Just want to get options for a portable gadget focused only in Scumm games, and better if it is 10" .

All suggestions are welcomed and appreciated :)

PD: sorry for my english
Last edited by Moodyman on Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jzanitsch

Post by jzanitsch »

I don't know if it is possible to install on a Kindle Fire (yet), but I have Nook Color rooted and it runs really well on there. The NC can be had for 150 refurbished now.

Granted the Kindle Fire does look like it has much better hardware behind it (dual processors, etc.) so it might be worth it to wait to find out if ScummVM runs on it out of the box, or if they can get it rooted shortly.
Moodyman

Post by Moodyman »

Thanks for that fast reply.

I have seen the Nook Color and looks very good, an e-book can do the work I am looking for too!

One more in my wish list.

Maybe the Kindle Fire should have an own post.. because it could be very interesting with ScummVM.
drumhead

Post by drumhead »

I am running scummvm on my asus tf 101 and it works well.
it will probably go down in price as new tf is expected for Christmas...
Moodyman

Post by Moodyman »

Thanks, I take note ;)