ScummOV on WebOS: F-keys missing

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's WebOS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

webosuser

ScummOV on WebOS: F-keys missing

Post by webosuser »

Hello

I've installed ScummVM for WebOs and added my oldest games Zak McKracken. It works fine but I can not switch charaters (f1-F4) because I found no F-keys support.
For other F-keys (eg F5) the main menu can used.

how can I switch charaters? I expect that this problem occours in other games liks day of tentankel, Manic Mansion...

I tried with both SCummVMs for WebOS:
com.github.tomfrost.scummvm_1.4.0007_all.ipk
scummvm-1.3.1-webos\org.scummvm.scummvm_1.3.0100_all.ipk

thanks in advance
flo
kayahr
ScummVM Porter

Re: ScummOV on WebOS: F-keys missing

Post by kayahr »

webosuser wrote:how can I switch charaters? I expect that this problem occours in other games liks day of tentankel, Manic Mansion...
It was new to me that you can switch the character with the F-Keys. Never did that. When I remember correctly then there is a command button (Named "switch" or something like that). In the lower right corner of the command list. Has nothing to do with WebOS. Standard game feature.
webosuser

Re: ScummOV on WebOS: F-keys missing

Post by webosuser »

kayahr wrote:
webosuser wrote:how can I switch charaters? I expect that this problem occours in other games liks day of tentankel, Manic Mansion...
It was new to me that you can switch the character with the F-Keys. Never did that. When I remember correctly then there is a command button (Named "switch" or something like that). In the lower right corner of the command list. Has nothing to do with WebOS. Standard game feature.
you are right you can switch chars with the switch command-I forgot it because I've used always the F-keys (f=Zak, F2 Annie...)

thanks
Pseudo_Intellectual

Post by Pseudo_Intellectual »

Though the specific problem (switching protagonists in Zak mckraken) has been solved, the general problem still remains in eg. Bargon Attack where the first thing the player sees is a prompt asking "F1 demo F2 game".
Pseudo_Intellectual

Post by Pseudo_Intellectual »

Also an idea for touchpad support for AGI frequent-keyboard-input-required games: run in portrait mode with the game in the top half of the screen and the virtual keyboard on the bottom half? This idea would apply equally to DOSbox...