Updated WebOS port with new features. Now Touchpad-friendly!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's WebOS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

leira

Post by leira »

Silly me, I should have read posts more carefully.

But simple delete the scummvmrc file didn't work for me, neither did delete scummvmrc and reinstall scummvm. I tried these steps fixed this issue:

1. delet scummvmrc.
2. start scummvm, click options, set graphic to SuperEagle, and enable correct ratio, click OK.
3. click options again, I found I cannot click Cancel or OK anymore, just like what happened in the game.
4. Exit and restart scummVM, click options, this time, the Cancel and OK buttons could be reached.
5. add discworld 2 game, start, problem solved, the bottom screen could be reached!

Thanks TomFrost, you did a nice port!
TomFrost wrote:Hi leira, your issue can be solved (as noted a few posts above yours) by connecting the TouchPad to your computer via USB, then deleting the ScummVM/scummvmrc file. You have some old settings in there limiting the controllable space :)
mrbell321

Post by mrbell321 »

Another "issue" I've noticed is that there seems to be a few pixels at the bottom of the scene and above the text area in SQ2 that brings up a keypad dialog. It's not a big deal because I haven't run into a need to click in that area(you can walk off the bottom of the scene by clicking farther into the text area), but I'm curious what purpose this serves?

Thanks,
Tyler
mrbell321

Post by mrbell321 »

Also, I'll report that the arrow keys on the HP bluetooth keyboard for the touchpad don't seem to function(at least in SQ2). There are a couple places where the keys are required.

Maybe I'll stop being lazy and try to fix it myself...

Wanna take bets on that?
soorma

Re: Updated WebOS port with new features. Now Touchpad-frien

Post by soorma »

I just registered to say: Thank you! This is an awesome port and flawless as far as I can see.

You updated it to include the MI talkies even before I was trying them. Very nice!
funkbuqet

thank you tomfrost

Post by funkbuqet »

First, thank you for all of your time spent on the touchpad port. I started playing through Beneath a Steel Sky and all of your improvements work great. But for some reason I cannot load the save games. When I go to load a save game the virgin splash screen flashes briefly and then the debugger console pops up and says;

Console is ready
Debugger started, type 'exit' to return to game
Type 'help' to get a little list of commands and variables
ERROR: Tried to set invalid font (3991760)!

I can type exit but the enter button does not seem to do anything.
any one have any idea what could be wrong?o

UPDATE: I installed lure of the temptress and it loads just fine so the problem may be with BASS. Any help would still be appreciated. Thanks.

btw I am using the latest version (1.4.000). I also removed and re-installed scummvm to no avail.
tpadgreat

Post by tpadgreat »

Great, I love it :) (well my little daughter to play freddie fish!)

I couldn't save the games though, seems they do not appear automatically or when saving manually.
Any ideas?
tx
ercalote

Post by ercalote »

Thanks for a great port, it allowed me to play my favourite old adventures!

Unfortunately, I have a problem with launching Toonstruck using this port. The game starts fune, but when I begin a new game after the end of the intro movie the app just closes without any notifications. Can I solve this somehow?
urlauber

No HQ2x/HQ3x filters?

Post by urlauber »

First of all: thx for this great port and putting it in the App Catalog, loving it!

Then a question out of curiousity, is there a reason why there aren't the two HQ-filters available in the graphics-options?

urlauber
vernica.vlad

i can't save the game

Post by vernica.vlad »

just opened discworld 2 and in the scummvm menu in dont have available the save game and return to lanucher buttons
. any ideeas how can i fix
vernica.vlad

Re: i can't save the game

Post by vernica.vlad »

vernica.vlad wrote:just opened discworld 2 and in the scummvm menu in dont have available the save game and return to lanucher buttons
. any ideeas how can i fix
in diskworld 2 you can activate the game menu with [!] and load/save with [%/&]
TomFrost

Re: No HQ2x/HQ3x filters?

Post by TomFrost »

urlauber wrote:First of all: thx for this great port and putting it in the App Catalog, loving it!

Then a question out of curiousity, is there a reason why there aren't the two HQ-filters available in the graphics-options?

urlauber
Yep -- I tested them, and they made the games skip and crawl on the Touchpad. Rather than deal with the bug reports of those filters not working, I just removed them since the TP wasn't capable of that level of processing power.
GalaadLD

Post by GalaadLD »

I wonder if this WebOS port is ok to iPad Scummvm. Because I can't to clicking and holding for getting appear The Curse of Monkey Island's icon menu.
ekilla

Big thanks

Post by ekilla »

Your Port to WebOS is realy great. I´ve used ScummVM on a lot of devices over the last few Years (Windows Mobile, Windows, Linux/ Wii, PSP, Android), but never had so much fun with it.

But one question: How do i get the inGame Videos like in Baphomets Fluch?

I never played this Game completely, so I think i should see the Videos to understand everything, but it tells me all the time "Mpeg2 video no langer supported" or something like that.

How can I bring it back?

Thanks in advance
Tim
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

The videos for Broken Sword are available from the downloads page (look in extras)
ekilla

Yes

Post by ekilla »

that did it. I´m sorry I don´t know why I did not look into there first.

Thank you very much