Updated WebOS port with new features. Now Touchpad-friendly!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's WebOS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

pjpeter

Post by pjpeter »

First off, thanks very much for the port - it works beautifully in most cases, thank you :).

One thing I noticed in Space Quest 4 that I can't actually go east or west (the screen to the right or left) in the game - if you try to walk off the screen, it just doesn't trigger. It makes it difficult to do the start of the game - but when you get to the sewers, it's impossible to get out and continue the game since you need to exit by going left and cannot do so.

I tried changing the graphics settings scaling incase it is not showing some part that I need to click, but it doesn't seem to have helped. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to try? Or is it just me with issues? I checked the ScummVM bug list (http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/SC...#Space_Quest_4) and didn't see this sort of thing listed.

Thanks,
Peter

Update: It's as if you can't move the cursor icon far enough to the edge of the screen to go off so it doesn't trigger the screen transition - that might be the issue... googling comes up blank - it might be Touchpad specific is it just me with such issues? I'm using v1.4.000 and it sounds almost like an issue reported previously in the thread - but it was mentioned as fixed now so I don't know for sure. I've tried with both aspect ratio correct on and off, along with trying default, normal, 3x, 2x and AMSE2x modes. Thanks.

The version I hvae exactly is 1.4.0git (Sept 11 2011 23:26:25)

Updated to Sept 13 19:01 build but same experience
minego

Post by minego »

Has anyone managed to get anywhere in "The Black Caldron" or "Police Quest"? It doesn't seem that the controls on the tablet are able to handle these games. Am I missing something?
pjpeter

Post by pjpeter »

Ah too bad - maybe I'm doing something wrong - or maybe it's just a few games having issues like that that won't let you complete the game. Hoping a new version will come out to address this - or if I'm doing something worng if someone can suggest something.

Thanks,
Peter
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

Jumped back into the source and did a near-rewrite of the original port, so that the ScummVM lead devs could more easily accept my pull request :) In the process, I wrote in an upclick-delay that fixes the weapon-switching bug in Full Throttle. Other than potentially some speed improvements, that's the only change in this version.

A note about the version number: It's 1.4.0000, which is lower than the 1.4.0007 that it was at. You may need to delete your existing ScummVM before installing this one for it to work, depending on your installation method. This was done to prepare for the official 1.4 release sometime in the future. If I put out any more releases before 1.4, the version number will not change.

Grab it here: http://seriouslyslick.com/scummvm/com.g ... 00_all.ipk
MadBob
Got a warning

Post by MadBob »

firstly thanks for an awesome release, definitely better than playing on my galaxy s phone.

I appreciate that you are now leaving this on the backburner but if you get the urge to do a bit more there is a patched release to add the monkey island special editions with full speech.

this has already been patched for the android release and I have no idea if or when it will go into the official version, but you might suddenly feel that you need to hear mi1 and 2 with voices.
MadBob
Got a warning

Post by MadBob »

firstly thanks for an awesome release, definitely better than playing on my galaxy s phone.

I appreciate that you are now leaving this on the backburner but if you get the urge to do a bit more there is a patched release to add the monkey island special editions with full speech.

this has already been patched for the android release and I have no idea if or when it will go into the official version, but you might suddenly feel that you need to hear mi1 and 2 with voices.
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

I am a dude of ridiculously limited free time, but if you can find me a patching guide or a git repo with the patch or anything like that and save me from needing to research this, I'll branch my port and merge it in.

Alternatively, our wiki here has a compile guide for the webOS version that's very very easy to follow :). It's written for linux, but if you take the code from my port, it will also compile on mac. There's probably a way to get it to compile on Windows as well, but it might be easier to download a free copy of VirtualBox and Lubuntu and build yourself a lightweight compile environment.
MadB0b
Got a warning

Post by MadB0b »

There is a fan made patch for Monkey island 1 and 2 that exports the voices from the SE games (requires that you own them), and creates patched versions of 1 and 2 with full voices. The only catch is to get it to work, it requires a patch to the ScummVM source. This patch (as far as I understand it) just takes a change from Indiana Jones:FoA and allows all Scumm games to use it.

Below you will find links the the Forums on LucasForums and a direct link to the source code patch
Monkey Island 1 Fan Made Patch
hXXp://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=199288
Monkey Island 2 Fan Made Patch
hXXp://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=205508
Source Code Patch
hXXp://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2752 ... tcount=341
dastrong34

Web OS Port Mohawk Engine

Post by dastrong34 »

Hi All

Does anyone know if the mohawk engine has been included in the port. I have myst and it recognises the game but when it loads I get Game Data Cannot be found. I have checked that the correct files are in the directory as well.

Any help from anyone would be gratfully received.

Dave
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

Does Myst work on the Windows/Mac release for you? According to the wiki, it's still not officially supported.
dastrong34

Post by dastrong34 »

TomFrost wrote:Does Myst work on the Windows/Mac release for you? According to the wiki, it's still not officially supported.
Did a bit of digging and the official 1.3.0 version does not work on my pc however the latest daily build of 1.4.0git2527-ga7f26eb works perfectly.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

dastrong34 wrote:
TomFrost wrote:Does Myst work on the Windows/Mac release for you? According to the wiki, it's still not officially supported.
Did a bit of digging and the official 1.3.0 version does not work on my pc however the latest daily build of 1.4.0git2527-ga7f26eb works perfectly.
Yes 1.4.0git is a development build though. It includes *all* engines etc., even the ones not supported officially, which is why Myst works there.
dastrong34

Post by dastrong34 »

LordHoto wrote:
dastrong34 wrote:
Yes 1.4.0git is a development build though. It includes *all* engines etc., even the ones not supported officially, which is why Myst works there.
Bit more information. I loaded the latest Web OS version 1.4.005git and this loads and plays myst perfectly on the touchpad. However the downside to this build is that all the hard work that has gone into making SCUMMVM work on the touchpad is not there. :)
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

Over the next couple days I'll be making small behind-the-scenes improvements to the port for induction into the official ScummVM codebase, so as I'm working on that I'll get the latest from git and merge in the MI1/2 talkie patch as well and post that build. My last build (the one reset to 1.4.0000) was cut from a slightly earlier version of the ScummVM codebase, so that may not have all the Mohawk fanciness you're looking for.
dastrong34

Post by dastrong34 »

TomFrost wrote:Over the next couple days I'll be making small behind-the-scenes improvements to the port for induction into the official ScummVM codebase, so as I'm working on that I'll get the latest from git and merge in the MI1/2 talkie patch as well and post that build. My last build (the one reset to 1.4.0000) was cut from a slightly earlier version of the ScummVM codebase, so that may not have all the Mohawk fanciness you're looking for.

TomFrost

You are a star, have you a donate page anywhere as I would like to donate for your Stirling efforts here :-)