ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > WebOS Port > Updated WebOS port with new features. Now Touchpad-friendly! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Updated WebOS port with new features. Now Touchpad-friendly!
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
minego

quote:
Originally posted by TomFrost
quote:
Originally posted by minego

This kind of behavior for a PDK app generally means that it is running out of memory. There is a field (I don't remember the name off the top of my head) that you can set in the appinfo.json to tell webOS how much memory you will need. It will then do garbage cleanup to make sure there is enough, and will give the "too many cards" if it can't.

If that field is not set high enough then the card may be closed if it tries to use more memory than that limit. Setting that properly is the correct solution to these types of errors.

I'm very familiar with that limit Wink. I think this is something different entirely, though-- the TouchPad will just lose sound from time to time. And trying to run ScummVM in that case will crash it. Since that problem doesn't happen any other time, that indicates it's the sound bug that's the issue, not the RAM.

Okay. I haven't had the sound issue, but it sounded like it might be related. I think there is still a RAM issue though. I've noticed that if I switch cards to something else then scummvm will frequently close. Aside from that it seems to behave for me.

quote:

quote:

I can confirm that this works properly. I'm really enjoying the dig.

I'd prefer to have the "auto-drag" mode on by default (or an option to set it). I find it the most useful.
Good deal! Yeah, I'm definitely considering making autodrag the default. The only thing holding me back is the fact that it can sometimes be very unnerving to rest your finger on the screen and have it click a second later without you doing anything Wink. This can get super frustrating in games where you choose the next line of dialog to say. You sit there and think about which line to slide your finger to, and it clicks on one you definitely didn't want. So I'm not decided on which would be the better default yet Smile

I can see how that would be annoying. I think having a checkbox for it in options is probably the ideal solution.
Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:00 pm 
mrbell321

I'll start looking at the code once I find the time... 

Of course that's the same old excuse...

Anyway, what I am hoping for is a portrait orientation so that the virtual keyboard and the game view can fit on the screen together.

Excellent work, btw!

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:56 pm 
minego

Re: I'll start looking at the code once I find the time... 

quote:
Originally posted by mrbell321
Anyway, what I am hoping for is a portrait orientation so that the virtual keyboard and the game view can fit on the screen together.

That would be very cool for some games.
Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:20 pm 
kayahr
ScummVM Porter

Hi TomFrost,

just tested your Touchpad fork on my Pre 2 and it looks like it hasn't broken anything. Works perfectly, well done! I really like the two-finger-gestures and the toggling of the touchpad mode.

You really should create a pull request so we can get this into the official sources.

I have some issues on the Palm Pre 1 but this has nothing to do with your changes. It's a compiler issue again. In the current official release I fixed these issues by selecting a specific Cross Compiler Toolchain and removing some duplicate files from my custom PDK but now with the finally published official Linux PDK I guess I have to find a new solution.

BTW: Someone here with a Veer? I still don't know if the WebOS port (Official one or TomFrost's newer fork) works on the smaller display. Pixi support is also unclear. I guess this device isn't really important but it would be cool to have ONE ScummVM port working on all WebOS devices ever built (Thanks to HP this is a finite set...)

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:22 pm 
minego

quote:
Originally posted by kayahr
BTW: Someone here with a Veer? I still don't know if the WebOS port (Official one or TomFrost's newer fork) works on the smaller display. Pixi support is also unclear. I guess this device isn't really important but it would be cool to have ONE ScummVM port working on all WebOS devices ever built (Thanks to HP this is a finite set...)

The pixi is a different processor. It is an arm v6, and all the other webOS devices are v7. A build for the pixi should run on all other devices, but may be slightly slower.
Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:38 pm 
kayahr
ScummVM Porter

quote:
The pixi is a different processor. It is an arm v6, and all the other webOS devices are v7. A build for the pixi should run on all other devices, but may be slightly slower.

I know that. The current official ScummVM release is compiled with Pixi compiler settings. But so far I haven't heard of anyone who successfully started ScummVM on the Pixi.
Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:42 pm 
domb

Wavetable MIDI 

Excellent work, really enjoying the port. Would it be viable to add in some of the Wavetable MIDI Emulators? Roland MT-32, Timidity? I have no idea if the libraries even have WebOS ports to drag in.

Cheers for your thoughts.

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:49 pm 
minego

quote:
quote:

I know that. The current official ScummVM release is compiled with Pixi compiler settings. But so far I haven't heard of anyone who successfully started ScummVM on the Pixi.

I've got a buddy with a pixi. I'll see if I can borrow it and try it out.
Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:29 pm 
minego

quote:
quote:
quote:

I've got a buddy with a pixi. I'll see if I can borrow it and try it out.

It does NOT work. On the pixi you just get a black screen. It never displays anything.
Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:36 pm 
TomFrost

quote:
Originally posted by mrbell321

Excellent suggestion! I'll check that out Smile

quote:
Hi TomFrost,

just tested your Touchpad fork on my Pre 2 and it looks like it hasn't broken anything. Works perfectly, well done! I really like the two-finger-gestures and the toggling of the touchpad mode.

You really should create a pull request so we can get this into the official sources.

Thanks, kayahr! And many props to you, as well-- it made building this out very, very easy Smile. I'm definitely planning on sending a pull request, I just want to make sure I have all my bases covered before I do. I'd hate to be sending new requests every day as I tweak things Wink.

quote:
BTW: Someone here with a Veer? I still don't know if the WebOS port (Official one or TomFrost's newer fork) works on the smaller display.
I've been getting PMs and tweets from some folks who have had success with their phones, but no Veers yet, unfortunately.

quote:
Originally posted by domb
Excellent work, really enjoying the port. Would it be viable to add in some of the Wavetable MIDI Emulators? Roland MT-32, Timidity? I have no idea if the libraries even have WebOS ports to drag in.

Cheers for your thoughts.

I can certainly look into it Smile Any suggestions for a good game to test that makes use of these?

quote:
It does NOT work. On the pixi you just get a black screen. It never displays anything.

...That's unfortunate. I'm curious if the official port ever worked for it... if so, it was me turning on the scalers that did it.
Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:12 pm 
TomFrost

Sorry for the double-post, but it might be worth it: with a key assist from kayahr, This port now has flac support. Same link, same filename -- grab it from the first post Smile

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:23 pm 
WayneRSH

Oh, I could use this, since I had the same error as you while compiling the flac libs. Is it possible to share please ? Smile

And again, awesome work, thanks !

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:27 pm 
TomFrost

quote:
Originally posted by WayneRSH
Oh, I could use this, since I had the same error as you while compiling the flac libs. Is it possible to share please ? Smile

And again, awesome work, thanks !

Kayahr updated the wiki page -- He just took down the optimization a couple levels with the -O1 CFLAG. Works like a charm! It turned out to be something HP/Palm broke with the new release of the compiler.
Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:38 pm 
WayneRSH

Nice, thx !

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:40 pm 
kayahr
ScummVM Porter

quote:

quote:

...That's unfortunate. I'm curious if the official port ever worked for it... if so, it was me turning on the scalers that did it.

I'm pretty sure the official port wasn't working, too. I never got positive reports but I DID get some negative reports.

BTW: Do you compile your ScummVM port (And the third-party libaries used by it) with the Pixi-compiler settings like described in the Wiki? If not then it's clear that it can't work.
Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:39 am 
Reply to topic