FM Towns

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

LordHoto wrote:well then you should fill a "feature request" about it and see if it will be done.
Will do sometime!
I really have to force myself now to use SF since I'm used to the new forum :cry: :D

Until then, be prepared for lots of FMTOWNS help threads and fan-translation-bugreports :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best regards

Joachim
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Well FM-TOWNS bugs are always low priority since we do not have any or only a few (I do not know of anyone) who own FM-TOWNS games in the team, so do not expect them to be fixed.
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

joachimeberhard wrote:Until then, be prepared for lots of FMTOWNS help threads and fan-translation-bugreports

LordHoto wrote:Well FM-TOWNS bugs are always low priority since we do not have any or only a few (I do not know of anyone) who own FM-TOWNS games in the team, so do not expect them to be fixed.
I meant that as a joke.

Not-So-Technical people are already filing multiple help-requests here.

Thats why I made a joke about that.

I will most certainly only file legit bugreports, even when I know that there's little hope. Just to make aware and document bugs. Hope dies last. :lol:

Joachim
jenergy

Post by jenergy »

Excuse me, I've got the same problem, but I cannot solve it.

I'm trying to execute italian version (well..a patched translated version, which was originally in english) of LOOM CD...but this version is not recognized from the last scummvm.
This is what scummvm says:

Looking for loom
Trying to start game 'Loom'
Unknown MD5 (31766a0c306088d38e1c3fa33ee8e570)! Please report the details (language, platform, etc.) of this game to the ScummVM team

And the consolle says that file 00.lfl is missing.
Game files in directory are:

000.lfl
901.lfl
902.lfl
903.lfl
904.lfl
disk01.lec
loom.exe

I tried to add a line in scummvm.ini for the loom section

target_md5=31766a0c306088d38e1c3fa33ee8e570

But I think it's not the right md5..nor the right solution
The problem is that scummvm tries to load 00.lfl instead of 000.lfl, and
he cannot find it.
The ORIGINAL (that is: not translated) version, with identical filenames, works fine.
Can I force scummvm to load 000.lfl instead of 00.lfl?
Don't tell me to rename 000.lfl. :-)
Any suggests?
Thank you
jenergy

Post by jenergy »

(wrong topic, I don't use the fmtows version, I use PC version. sorry, have I to move my message?)
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

I added LOOM PC CD, ATLANTIS PC CD and ATLANTIS FMTOWNS FAN-TRANLATION-TARGETS for German/French/Spanish/Italian to the list.

Look here:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=239

You only have to copy&paste the appropriate games to your scummvm.ini and set the correct path!

Best regards

Joachim

@Moderators:

If I create a new thread focused on providing infos for target_md5 business, would you make it a sticky please?
Last edited by joachimeberhard on Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ender
Retired

Post by Ender »

Thats not a problem.

You could also request a Wiki account, which is probably the better method of storing this kind of info. Although, ScummVM does not support Fan Translations, officially anyway. :)
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Ender wrote:Thats not a problem.

You could also request a Wiki account, which is probably the better method of storing this kind of info. Although, ScummVM does not support Fan Translations, officially anyway. :)
Thats why you have a fellow user like me helping you! :D

But even when you don't officially support fan-translations, I hope my help is welcome, isn't it?

A Wiki account would seem really nice.
All I have to do is write you an E-Mail with login-information I like or so?

Another question:

Is it allowed to post links here to fan-tranlations, patches or soundtracks for example? I don't know so I stood back of posting any.
But Mixnmojo for example even got feedback that, while Indy-Soundtracks aren't allowed because of complicated rights-situation, LucasArts is fine with all other soundtracks.

Edit: Ooops, sev already answered this to me in a different post.
Yes, I won't post links to sites with ANY questionable contents.
That is, when posting links to fan-translations I do not understand, I couldn't 100% tell for sure, but I'd bet they're clean.

Oh so many questions :D

Joachim
jenergy

All ok

Post by jenergy »

Thank you very much, it works fine now.
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

If you have a link to ITALIAN FAN-TRANSLATION-PATCHES that 100% comply with our NO-WAREZ rule and does not deliver ANY chance to get to copyrighted material (please be sure!), could you post the link here please?

Please only post links to sites with PATCHES!

Best regards!

Joachim