Spy Fox - Operation Ozone, black screen on game start

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

altarazims

Spy Fox - Operation Ozone, black screen on game start

Post by altarazims »

Hi Everyone, I only have one SCUMM game at the moment with me, Spy Fox Operation Ozone. I've tried the 1.3.0 stable version and SCUMM plugin, and the latest nightly, and either one just gives me a black screen on game start, then after a moment, I get a few vibrations and the Android OS prompts me to close nonresponsive ScummVM. The game files work fine in Windows version. I've Googled all over for this and can't find anything... what am I doing wrong?

My phone is a Samsung Fascinate, running superclean v2.9.2, Android 2.2.1.
Static Juice

Post by Static Juice »

I also have this problem with Spy Fox 3. I have a Huawei Ideos u8150 and every time I try to run the game the screen goes completely black and ScummVM quits without warning. It also does the same thing with Freddi Fish 5, which is funny, because these are the two HE games that were released in 2001. I own the entire HE collection and everything else works fine, although the first two Putt-Putt games have an issue of the cursor being two big. Can anyone shed any light on these issues?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

It could be completely unrelated, but I believe Spy Fox 3 and Freddi Fish 5 use 16-bit colour, while the others use 8-bit colour. Perhaps that doesn't yet work properly in the Android port?