Trackpad on the Asus Eee Pad Transformer

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

No_youh

Trackpad on the Asus Eee Pad Transformer

Post by No_youh »

Hey everyone,

I'm using ScumVMM (latest version for Android). Now, my problem is quite simple. My Transformer has a real trackpad and a mouse pointer which should be awesome for point and click games. Problem is, you guys require that I "drag" the cursor around by holding my finger on the screen. Is it possible to make a feature in which you tap somewhere on the screen and the cursor moves there automatically and clicks there at the same time? That would be much better for me!

Also, the second button on my trackpad emulates the "back" button. I don't really see the back button used in your emulator, perhaps that could be mapped to right mouse button? That would be so nice.

Thanks in advance,
No_youh
No_youh

Post by No_youh »

I just did some extra browsing on these forums and found an option to put the cursor right where you click, fantastic! Great stuff, works perfectly and looks perfect!

However if you would make me able to remap my back button to the right mouse button (or some other key) that would be so cool.
goetz

Post by goetz »

The back button is used to skip cut-scenes (little non-interactive parts in the games) and e.g. quit some mini games in Sam and Max, so it is definitely used and needed in its current function.

But as we have different keys on different Android devices I agree that an optional key mapping feature might be nice. I am lucky to have all three hardware buttons with correct meaning on my Wildfire S: back=escape (cut scene), menu=ScummVM menu, search=right click (alternative to multitap)

[EDIT] ... and, what I forgot: hold "menu" key for on-screen keyboard, e.g. for skipping dialog via "." key :)
twanj79

Post by twanj79 »

Can anyone tell me how to `long press` the left mouse on a asus transformer/ eeepad?
I've tried to hold it down etc etc just what the read me file says.
When i use two fingers and hold the tf reacts as if it was a left mouse click, however the duration is to short.
I am playing the dig and need to keep button pressed on for a couple of seconds.
Can anyone point me in the direction of a solution?
Any help would be appreciated!!

Best regards

Twan Janssen
goetz

Post by goetz »

Regarding long press of left mouse button -- if it works the same way as on the touchscreen on other android devices, try the following:

Double-tap and hold after the second tap

I use this in the "touchpad mode" of ScummVM where you move around the cursor and click separately, don't know if it works if you use the mode which positions mouse cursor and clicks at the same time, as mentioned in the first post.
attritus.xe21

Post by attritus.xe21 »

sorry guys, how do you change the cursor option so that it goes where you click? Stuck dragging on transformer.
twanj79

Post by twanj79 »

Change the midi in audio...yeah sounds strange, but it does the trick.