The Prince and the Coward Support

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

GeorgeQGreg

Post by GeorgeQGreg »

Yeah, that's why I wondered. They already released another of their adventures, Teenagent, free on the site. But that game had the luck of being translated in English.
fischkopf

Post by fischkopf »

Any news on this? :)
ZuTheSkunk

Post by ZuTheSkunk »

Sorry for repeating the question, but, is this project still alive? Is the person responsible for it possible to make contact with? It would be a real shame if we received the source code, only for the only person who has it to completely vanish.

I'm more than willing to translate the game if there's still any hopes for it.
fischkopf

Post by fischkopf »

ZuTheSkunk wrote:Sorry for repeating the question, but, is this project still alive? Is the person responsible for it possible to make contact with? It would be a real shame if we received the source code, only for the only person who has it to completely vanish.

I'm more than willing to translate the game if there's still any hopes for it.
According to this blog, the game is completable, but I don't know how far the english translation is.
ZuTheSkunk

Post by ZuTheSkunk »

Okay, that's definitely great news. However, I can't figure out how to make the game run in ScummVM. From what I understand, I'd need the scummvm-engine-prince.apk file, but I don't know where this file is.
JenniBee

Post by JenniBee »

ZuTheSkunk wrote:Okay, that's definitely great news. However, I can't figure out how to make the game run in ScummVM. From what I understand, I'd need the scummvm-engine-prince.apk file, but I don't know where this file is.
Judging by the APK filename, I'm pretty sure that's the Android version of ScummVM. All you need to play it is the game's datafiles.

If you want to play it in English though, you'll need prince_translation.dat - which I don't think is yet publicly available
Szymon_Zy

Will the save game work?

Post by Szymon_Zy »

Is there any hope to save game in Prince and Coward? Found my old CD but there is no fun if you have to complete the game in one session.
bonki

Post by bonki »

In case anybody else is wondering, the game does support loading/saving via the the GMM (CTRL-F5) just fine.
frisby

Post by frisby »

I recently purchased a copy of this game... Was wondering if there was any update on scummvm support and the English translation (or if it'd be possible to get a copy of that prince_translation.dat?).
bonki

Post by bonki »

If you grab a daily build the engine should be enabled (note that since it is not supported yet things might still break). Note that there is currently no translation, though.
frisby

Post by frisby »

Thanks, it does seem to work with the daily (I'd had it running in a vm before, but this is easier). Is the translation mentioned in the wiki (~2014) still being worked on?
Kasenshlogga

Re: The Prince and the Coward Support

Post by Kasenshlogga »

Any news on this?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: The Prince and the Coward Support

Post by sev »

Yes, I have things like 95% ready for the release. Hope, I will find some time in the upcoming weeks.

Eugene