The Prince and the Coward Support

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

fischkopf

Post by fischkopf »

sev wrote:No, but due to our successful experience with Sołtys, which we translated into other languages, we are willing to work on it. Just trying to reach Mok these days.

Eugene
Great! I hope you will be able to contact him.
robertmo

Post by robertmo »

john_doe wrote:Maybe some volunteer can be found who wants to translate the text from Polish/German to English if the game is maybe supported?
I have already translated "Pył" and "Kajko i Kokosz" and would like to try this game too.
robertmo

Post by robertmo »

sev wrote:No, but due to our successful experience with Sołtys, which we translated into other languages, we are willing to work on it. Just trying to reach Mok these days.

Eugene
BTW, I was talking with Mok today so no problems contacting him.
fischkopf

Post by fischkopf »

robertmo wrote:

Eugene
BTW, I was talking with Mok today so no problems contacting him.
He has the source code right? I hope the developers of scummvm can contact him.
SeJToS

Translating

Post by SeJToS »

Wow, this really is an old topic but if anyone is still interested then I can do any translations from Polish to English, I've got real life experience if someone actually cares o.0 (I still have the original cd with the prince and the coward but it's so starched that it kills the computer as soon as you put it in.)
fischkopf

Re: Translating

Post by fischkopf »

SeJToS wrote:Wow, this really is an old topic but if anyone is still interested then I can do any translations from Polish to English, I've got real life experience if someone actually cares o.0 (I still have the original cd with the prince and the coward but it's so starched that it kills the computer as soon as you put it in.)
I think the big problem at the moment is, that the guy with the source-code doesn't answer. :(
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

The main problems are that the game is entirely written in assembly code and isn't available in English. Mix those two, and nobody seems to be willing to spend all their free time for the next 4 months on this... Be patient.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

And yes, we already have the sources.

Eugene
fischkopf

Post by fischkopf »

Great, then it's just a matter of time from now on, i guess. Keep up the good work, you ScummVM devs are awesome!
malik_cjm

Post by malik_cjm »

Is there anyone working on implementing this game in scummVM?
I've bin playing with disassembled version of this game but if you have source code it will be much easier. Can you share it with me? I would like to see this game supported by scummVM.
houdini

Post by houdini »

Hello!

I would also like to ask the question if there is any progress on 'Prince and the Coward'? I'd like to involve myself into 'porting' this great game, but I wouldn't like to double someones job - it would be much more efficient if I join actual 'team'.

So, my main questions are:
- is there already a branch with some job done about a game?
- can You share a sources (as I understand You have them)?
- --and most important-- can I join?
GeorgeQGreg

Post by GeorgeQGreg »

Just read the engine was merged in! Can't be too much longer?

Ahem... if you need anyone to help write the translation, I'd love to put my writing chops to the test. :P Hopefully it would be at a time when I'm not too busy.
fischkopf

Post by fischkopf »

I was curious, so I've just tested the German version and it already runs!

I've had to change the Folder structure a little (create a "data" folder within the data folder and move some files) but the game starts and runs flawlessly including all the german speach, and all the animations from what I can see so far. But I've only played a little bit, until after you leave the cemetery. Only the saving system is not impletented, but still very impressive! :D
GeorgeQGreg

Post by GeorgeQGreg »

Cool! I had a look, it lets you select to play in English too! When you select that, it crashes looking for a file named prince_translation.dat. Guess that's how the team intends to translate the game sans piracy.

Speaking of which, doesn't gog have the rights to this game? (cough!) :D

(Edit: And the German version isn't detected yet. I doubt I even need to report that. Edit 2: Also, that's completely wrong!)
Last edited by GeorgeQGreg on Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
fischkopf

Post by fischkopf »

GeorgeQGreg wrote:
Speaking of which, doesn't gog have the rights to this game? (cough!) :D
It's quite possible, since the developer Metropolis Software was acquired by CD Projekt Sp. z o.o., which coincidentally is the owner of GoG.com ;)

I think ScummVM compatiblity would be a great opportunity to release this game as a new Windows 7/8 compatible version.