Retina display support [Broken Sword 2]

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Desu

Retina display support [Broken Sword 2]

Post by Desu »

Hi,

I don't know if this applies to all games or just Broken Sword 2 but it looks like the newest iPhone Scummvm port isnt optimized for the retina display.

The iPhone 4 and as well as the new iPod touch have a 960x640 resolution(landscape mode). While the old iPhones and iPods had a 480x320 resoltion. Those get upscaled on the new iDevices with the Retina(640x960) screen.

And it seems like this is the Problem here. The latest scummvm iPhone port doesnt support the Retina display which is a shame since details get lost.

Here is a comparison screenshot.

On the left there is broken sword 2 running in what i think is ~480x320(old iDevice resolution) upscaled to the retina display res(the iphone does it with all apps that run at a lower res automaticly).

And on the right there is broken sword 2 running in the native resolution without any scaling at 640x480 on my pc. No detail is lost.

The new iDevices can support this resolution (vga 640x480 what is the max resolution for scumm games anyways i think) in landscape and as well in portrait mode.

So it would be very cool if you could update the ScummVM port for the new iDevices.[/img]