Does it works on iPad 2?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Alphos2000

Does it works on iPad 2?

Post by Alphos2000 »

Hi! I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong. I have installed two times Scummvm from two different repositorys (one of them Urban Fanatics) and I can't even run Scummvm.

I have the icon, I tap it, I see an splash screen with Scummvm logo and "now loading" and then, it closes and return to home screen. That happen every time I try running it.

The only thing I think can be interfering is RetinaPad, but Scummvm does not appear in it's app list, so I can't deactivate it (if it's activated for Scummvm).

Could anyone help me? Thanks.
Nucklez

Post by Nucklez »

It is working great on my iPad 2 on iOS 4.3.3. I used the version from the Urban Fanatics repository originally and it worked great. I also updated to a nightly build by copying over the .app file and it runs everything I've thrown at it as well. I did the nightly build just for Lands of Lore. You shouldn't need to worry about Retinapad. It will only find apps that are made only for the iPhone. ScummVM is a Universal app, so it does both iPhone and iPad nativly. Exactly like the apps with a "+" next to the price tag in iTunes. As for your problem, I'm not sure. I just wanted to let you know that it is in fact working on an iPad 2.
Alphos2000

Post by Alphos2000 »

Finally it seems it was something about RetinaPad. Tested some iPhone games on iPad and they were also closing when running. Once I uninstalled RetinaPad, Scummvm worked perfect, and I've been playing Loom a bit. It doesn't seems there is any incompatibility with ScummVM, just RetinaPad for some reason didn't work fine on my iPad 2, but I don't know why...
Nucklez

Post by Nucklez »

Good deal. I've had retina pad installed for a few days now, and decided to check ScummVM again since I'm not sure if I've started it up I've installed retina pad. I'm not having any trouble with it installed, if you like retnia pad, i'd try and reinstall it. Maybe the problem won't reproduce itself.
Thatkookooguy

Post by Thatkookooguy »

Working great for me. I got SVM and retina pad and it works flawlessly. iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

I I were you I'll make a list of tweaks I installed and delete them one by one and check everytime if SVM works. When it does, the last tweak I deleted was the one causing the problem.

I don't know if you can, but try checking if you can go into safe mode and launch scummvm...