REQ: feature request - hack/hex functionality

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

andwan0

REQ: feature request - hack/hex functionality

Post by andwan0 »

Is it possible to have a hack/hex menu/feature for ScummVM? This will allow us to use trainers/cheats.

For example, Elvira, Mistress of the Dark is rock hard to play (sword fighting). I can get so far but keep on dying. Not used to adventure games where you can die in them. Used to games like Day of the Tentacle where it's impossible to die.
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

Hi andwan0

There is indeed a "hack menu" in ScummVM, and we call it the debug console. You'll enter it by pressing Ctrl-D. You'll find a small documentation there.
*Edit: I don't know what you're supposed to do to enter this mode on your DS*

Each engine, sometimes even each games, as his own set of implemented functions (if any). You'll find the list by typing 'help' in the console.

It may not be that helpful with Elvira, as I don't think there's a invulnerable mode in it... but it's worth a check anyway.

Best regards,
Strangerke
andwan0

Post by andwan0 »

Strangerke wrote:Hi andwan0

There is indeed a "hack menu" in ScummVM, and we call it the debug console. You'll enter it by pressing Ctrl-D. You'll find a small documentation there.
*Edit: I don't know what you're supposed to do to enter this mode on your DS*

Each engine, sometimes even each games, as his own set of implemented functions (if any). You'll find the list by typing 'help' in the console.

It may not be that helpful with Elvira, as I don't think there's a invulnerable mode in it... but it's worth a check anyway.

Best regards,
Strangerke
Thanks for letting me know about the console. For the Android port, how can I access this?