Discworld not working on Android - even with tinsel plugin

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Riffer

Discworld not working on Android - even with tinsel plugin

Post by Riffer »

Hello!

I had to find out that my version of discworld (first part) that works perfectly with 1.3.0 on my pc does not work on android - neither with 1.3.0 nor with 1.4.0git.

For my Xoom running Android v3.1 I had to extract the lib of the tinsel (maybe I am missing something but this seems to be the right one?) plugin and point ScummVM the path to it and even its shown in the about scrolling text it insist on 'no game found in this folder'.

Anyone with a solution?
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

Did you actually install the Tinsel .apk? When you go to Android Setting->Applications, does scummvm-tinsel exist as an application that can be uninstalled?

Just extracting the plugin is not enough, you have to manually install it.
Riffer

Post by Riffer »

Thanks for your answer!

Here some more details:

There is a problem (I see that may have changed because there was some patch in the changelog regarding this, but I did not try this yet) with Android 3.1 - the game plugins are not found by ScummVM.
The workaround is to extract the library files from the plugin apks into a single directory and tell ScummVM in Settings/Paths/Plugin-Path were this directory is.

So good so far - I have done this and the about of ScummVM says that the support for "Tinsel (c) Psygnosis" is there. And I am sure it works because I had to do this the same way for Amazon Queens plugin.
Ev0

DISCWORLD Android

Post by Ev0 »

Hi everyone,

This a great piece of software, I think its great I can play these old games on my android devices.
I'm having a slight issue with getting the voices and sound effects to world with Discworld 1. I've copied all the files from the CD which are required according to the FAQ.
When I run it on my laptop I get both sfx and voices but not on my android tablet or phone. I've got the same setup and I've installed the tinsel plugin.
I also got the lib file 'libtinsel.so' from the apk and point scummvm plugin path to its containing folder but no luck.
Any ideas on what I might have missed?
I'm getting the midi music no problem.

Cheers for any help