NewsFeed / Development Blog

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Gobliiins

NewsFeed / Development Blog

Post by Gobliiins »

i have 2 things i would love to see here (and i think i am not the only one).

1st: please add an newsfeed to the scummvm homepage, so one dont have to visit the site at times to get the latest news.

2nd: me and probably many other people are much interested in the development of scummvm. it would be very cool if the scummvm team members are blogging from time to time and writing about the current development and other stuff around scummvm. that would be very interesting. :)
clem

Post by clem »

2nd: you could always visit the IRC channel (or read the logs), or read the scummvm-devel-list - more behind-the-scenes stuff than you ever want to know about :-)
Ender
Retired

Post by Ender »

Don't forget the Wiki. But between SVN logs, IRC logs and the Wiki, what more could you need to follow development. :)
fingolfin
Retired

Re: NewsFeed / Development Blog

Post by fingolfin »

Gobliiins wrote:i have 2 things i would love to see here (and i think i am not the only one).

1st: please add an newsfeed to the scummvm homepage, so one dont have to visit the site at times to get the latest news.
You mean an RSS or ATOM feed, I guess? Well, in theory it should be possible to generate one from our news XML files. If somebody wrote a tool to do that, we wouldn't say no...
Gobliiins wrote:2nd: me and probably many other people are much interested in the development of scummvm. it would be very cool if the scummvm team members are blogging from time to time and writing about the current development and other stuff around scummvm. that would be very interesting. :)
Any developer who's interested in 'blogging' coould already do that, on his personal blog. But I am not aware of any team member doing that, so apparently, there isn't much interest in a 'development' blog. Personally, I rather spend what little time I have left to work on ScummVM for more useful work -- like, actually designing and implementing features, rather than satisfying your curiosity :-).
Last edited by fingolfin on Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamesWoodcock

Post by JamesWoodcock »

Although I am not an official member of the team, I hope my projects for the Music Enhancement, fills in some gaps on what I am doing for the ScummVM engine.
JKing

Post by JKing »

While we're somewhat on the subject of SVN logs and scummvm-dev and such, is there are reason SourceForge is no longer mirroring the mailing list? I never bothered to subscribe because that archive was so handy, and now that it doesn't work anymore I'm kind of lost. :(
LOGAN

Post by LOGAN »

fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

LOGAN wrote:Here you go; RSS feeds for SCUMMVM ;)

http://sourceforge.net/export/rss2_proj ... p_id=37116
That's only for the SF.net site news, and doesn't contain 90% of our news items.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

JKing wrote:While we're somewhat on the subject of SVN logs and scummvm-dev and such, is there are reason SourceForge is no longer mirroring the mailing list? I never bothered to subscribe because that archive was so handy, and now that it doesn't work anymore I'm kind of lost. :(
In the case of scummvm-devel, It's a known problem, a bug report has been filed with SF.net. In the meantime you can use the mailing list archive at gmane:<http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.games.devel.scummvm>

In the case of commit mailing lists: SF.net doesn't want to archive those at all, that ours was archieved so far is mainly because it slipped through the filter due to its unusal name. Archiving commit mailing lists doesn't make so much sense anyway, since you can query the same information from the repository at any time, with more details, in fact.
Ender
Retired

Post by Ender »

Here you go; Slightly useful RSS feeds for SCUMMVM :P

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php?title ... s&feed=rss

(Replace RSS with Atom as so desired :)
LOGAN

Post by LOGAN »

I just read the news from 2002, the time from the first LucasArts sent its letter from their legal department upto news of the next release.

Something like that has more historical vallue then commit #xxx