Help with QfG1, Simon the Sorcerer, and Day of the Tentacle

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Lotus Gramarye

Help with QfG1, Simon the Sorcerer, and Day of the Tentacle

Post by Lotus Gramarye »

In Quest for Glory (VGA) I'm trying to do the mage's maze, yet when I click the spells they don't work. Are there certain keys I have to press or is it a compatability issue with PSP port?

As for Simon the Sorcerer and Day of the Tentacle, neither have voice acting (and I'm using the cd versions). Are there files required other than the ones listed in datafiles page for voices to work?
McKnallski

Post by McKnallski »

Hm...
Simon the Sorcerer and Day of the Tentacle are working good for me in the PSP ScummVM. But I have converted the Soundfiles to MP3. But norally the uncompressed original Files should work too.

Maybe you should try to convert the Voice Files to MP3 with the ScummVM-Tools.
Lotus Gramarye

Post by Lotus Gramarye »

Okay. Anyone have any suggestions for QfG? Because I can't do anything in the mage's maze game.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Lotus Gramarye wrote:Okay. Anyone have any suggestions for QfG? Because I can't do anything in the mage's maze game.
You need Open, Fetch, Trigger, and Flame Dart to play. Do you have all of these spells?
Lotus Gramarye

Post by Lotus Gramarye »

Yes. I have all the spells. When I play it, and I try uisng, say, the open spell, it does not remove rocks. Or the spell to move stuff doesn't work. Don't know whether it's an issue with the port (I'm using latest stable, btw), or whether I'm jut doing something wrong.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Please file a bug report in our bug tracker and attach a saved game
Lotus Gramarye

Post by Lotus Gramarye »

I've reported it.

(And, fortunately, I had the bright idea to use the computer scummvm to get through mage's maze).
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Hang on...
so the game works fine for you with the PC version of ScummVM, but not with the PSP one? Odd
Lotus Gramarye

Post by Lotus Gramarye »

As I realized after reading your comment (and as someone commented in the bug report) it's just that the window from clicking the spell icon and movie an object is very short, and, given the difficulty of moving the pointer fast and accurately on the psp, made it seem like it was glitched. Sorry for wasting your time.