ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.comDotEmu  Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Android Port > Think I messed up/Chrashes all the time.
Think I messed up/Chrashes all the time.
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
arkemiffo

Think I messed up/Chrashes all the time. 

Hello,

So, after being frustrated to no end before finding out I had the wrong version of ScummVM installed (the one I have to have plugins for), I finally got it running.

I managed to get into Monkey Island 1, and I was very happy, except one thing.
In both the UI and in-game the screen was repeating for about a third to the right (so the full screen was showing, and where it ended to the right, I had a third of the same screen showing).
Trying to see if I could fix it I was playing fast and loose with the graphic options, and first selected Normals (No scaling), which didnt any effect (I assume its the default). Then I tried 2x, and the graphics looked a lot better (less pixelated), but still the same problem with repeating screens.
So, I selected 3x, and then ScummVM wont even start. I tried to clear data from the application menu, I tried to uninstall/reinstall, but still it just jumps out to the android homepage when the UI should be shown.

I assume the graphic option is saved somewhere, but I have no idea where.

Any and all help on this would be highly appreciated.

My next go with the repeating screens would have been to turn off the option "Keep 4:1 ratio" in the SDL options screen, but I never got that far.

Edit:
I almost forgot. The phone is an XPeria Play with 2.3 if that helps anything.

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:18 am 
arkemiffo

Think I messed up/Chrashes all the time [Solved] 

Ok, seems I posted just about 5 minutes to soon.
Found a config file(mnt/sdcard/app-data/org.scummvm.sdl/.scummvmrc), and spotted the post "3x", and just edited it in a texteditor to "2x", and I got it running again.

Thanks for looking though.

Oh, and also. AWESOME job with ScummVM. You have my eternal gratitude for making it.

Edit:
The repeating screens are also gone now when I changed the SDL option for the ratio, so everything is honkydory now.

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:29 am 
Reply to topic