Lure of the Temptress/Context Menu/Honeycomb

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kianryan

Lure of the Temptress/Context Menu/Honeycomb

Post by kianryan »

Hi folks,

I'm attempting to play Lure of the Temptress on a Motorola Xoom, using the latest stable nightly. This game is heavily dependant on right-click context menus. On performing a right click, the user then moves their mouse up or down to scroll through the options and select the correct one. This selection appears to be relative and not direct (I.e. I can not directly click on it).

I have tried both direct and trackpad, but the scrolling is very sensitive. Usually it is only possible to go to the top or bottom of the list, selecting between options requires an accuracy of a few pixels, which is nearly impossible ona tablet.

All help appreciated.

Thanks
dolchi21

Re: Lure of the Temptress/Context Menu/Honeycomb

Post by dolchi21 »

kianryan wrote:Hi folks,

I'm attempting to play Lure of the Temptress on a Motorola Xoom, using the latest stable nightly. This game is heavily dependant on right-click context menus. On performing a right click, the user then moves their mouse up or down to scroll through the options and select the correct one. This selection appears to be relative and not direct (I.e. I can not directly click on it).

I have tried both direct and trackpad, but the scrolling is very sensitive. Usually it is only possible to go to the top or bottom of the list, selecting between options requires an accuracy of a few pixels, which is nearly impossible ona tablet.

All help appreciated.

Thanks
same here. it's the first game i've tried.
will it happen on others?
karadoc

Post by karadoc »

I get this issue too on my Nexus 4 with ScummVM 1.5.

EDIT: In case it is relevant, I just tried the lastest nightly build, and it also has the problem (cannot select actions as the scrolling is too sensitive).

EDIT 2: I had a look at the code for the Android port, but I don't think I'm going to get very far without getting everything building and running in the emulator with some added debug statements (it works fine in the Mac port). I'll try and find some time to do that at some point soon, but any pointers in the right direction (of what might be causing the problem) would be much appreciated.
karadoc

Post by karadoc »

Okay, a pull request has just been submitted for this on GitHub.

You can't scroll the menus properly because the code assumes it can reposition the mouse cursor to the middle of the screen, so as soon as you move the threshold number of pixels off with your finger on android, the menu scrolls right to the end. The fix is simply to state that Android can use the clickable menus feature already implemented.

I guess other touch devices (e.g. iOS) will need a similar change too.
andwan0

Post by andwan0 »

Yes please, please fix this for Lure of Tempress
Stan

Post by Stan »

Any movement on this? It seems you've worked out the issue, but it's still the same for me... makes it nigh on impossible to get anywhere in the game (which is brilliant, and deserves more love!).

Is there a fixed version not linked to for download on the main site, or has there just been no progress in all these months? Anything I can do for myself to address it in the options? Even something fairly simple and clunky like allowing you to cycle through the options via repeated right-clicks (multi touch) would do the trick.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

The fix mentioned in the fourth post should be included in the last release (1.6.0). Unfortunately that release is not yet officially available for Android. But you can get the latest stable build from buildbot and hopefully it should work.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

criezy wrote:The fix mentioned in the fourth post should be included in the last release (1.6.0). Unfortunately that release is not yet officially available for Android.
It's available on the Android Marketplace.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

clone2727 wrote:
criezy wrote:The fix mentioned in the fourth post should be included in the last release (1.6.0). Unfortunately that release is not yet officially available for Android.
It's available on the Android Marketplace.
It is? The only versions I found were 1.5.0 and 1.0.0pre0, but I hardly know anything about Android (I don't even know if Google play and the Android Marketplace are the same thing) so I may be looking in all the wrong places.
andwan0

Post by andwan0 »

I tried both the buildbot 1.6 and 1.7 builds and the right-click context menu bug is still there. When I scroll up or down, it immediately scrolls to the top or bottom... and it's impossible to select options in between....