Quest for Glory 3 Special Icon menu problem

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jundle

Quest for Glory 3 Special Icon menu problem

Post by jundle »

I have scummvm installed on my ipad an iphone. When playing either on one and playing Quest for Glory 3, whenever I click on the Special Icon (the icon that brings up the menu that allows me to view the in game time, my character stats, and select run or sneak) the Special Icon submenu quickly flashes then disappears.

When playing the Quest for Glory 1 vga remake, this does not happen.

Is there anything I can try and do to fix this?
m_kiewitz
ScummVM Developer

Post by m_kiewitz »

To fix this, simply add the following line within setPositionWorkarounds() inside engines\sci\graphics\cursor.cpp - right after the QFG1VGA entry:

{ GID_QFG3, 70, 170, 40, 61, 81, 258 }, // Quest For Glory 3 / run/walk/sleep sub-menu

this will fix this issue (it's actually an incompatibility issue with touch/pointer controls and the corresponding sci script - the script sets the mouse cursor to some position and immediately checks afterwards if the cursor is within the new window - problem is -of course- that this doesn't work on pointer/touch controls - so the script immediately closes the window in those cases. That's why those workarounds exist.

If any dev (especially sci dev) sees this, please commit it. I don't have GIT access currently, so I can't commit it by myself.

Regards
wjp
ScummVM Developer

Post by wjp »

Thanks! Committed. The fix should be in the next daily builds.