Indiana Jones and the Seven Cities of Gold - Fan Project

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sammymarlo

Indiana Jones and the Seven Cities of Gold - Fan Project

Post by sammymarlo »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 2013 UPDATE: Artist(s) and Scripter(s) wanted!
If you can artwork in the classic adventure game style and want to help out with the project, then contact me.

We also need some extra scripters for the project. If you are interested - contact me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Binary Legends Presents...
Indiana Jones and the Seven Cities of Gold

Indiana Jones and the Seven Cities of Gold is a fan-made Indiana Jones point and click adventure. The game will be done in the classic Fate of Atlantis style.

The game is under development right now. It is being made with Adventure Game Studio and will be for Windows PCs.

Story
The year is 1940. The world is in turmoil as the Second World War engulfs it. Hitler's Nazi forces are rapidly marching across Europe, and the forces of Imperial Japan are sweeping across the Pacific. Returning from yet another adventure, our hero Indiana Jones receives a telegram from his colleague Marcus Brody asking him to meet him in the deserts of Arizona. Traveling to Arizona, Indiana meets up with Marcus and an amazing discovery catapults the man with the Hat into a new adventure - this time in search of the legendary Seven Cities of Gold. As Indy once again travels across the globe, he teams up with George and Elizabeth Stenson to aid in the search for the Cities. But the Third Reich wants to find the Cities as well, and has dispatched agents to find it. According to legend, the Cities are said to contain incredible wealth and amazing ancient secrets which in the hands of the Nazis would aid them in their conquest of the globe. With the fate of the free world hanging in the balance, Indy and his friends become entangled in a deadly race to find the Cities first and keep the Nazis from unlocking the secrets of the Seven Cities of Gold.

Complete with sinister villains, rewarding puzzles, exotic locations and the secrets of a long-forgotten culture, Indiana Jones and the Seven Cities of Gold will be full of all the familiar Indy charm, as well as new additions by loyal fans of the series to make this game a fun and exciting endeavor into adventure gaming.

Main characters
Indiana Jones
The Man with the Hat! Known as Indy to his friends, he is an archeologist and a professor. But when he is not teaching classes at Barnett College in New York State, he travels across the globe unearthing lost artifacts and unlocking ancient secrets. Now the race for the Seven Cities of Gold is on and with his trademark hat, leather jacket and bullwhip - Indy is ready for adventure.

Marcus Brody
A very proper English gentleman, Marcus is a close friend of Indy and a curator of a museum. Many artifacts that Indy has discovered in his travels are on display in his museum. While usually content to listen to Indy's exploits, sometimes he joins Indy on his adventures. Now he must aid Indy in the quest for the Seven Cities of Gold.

Erich Von Schroder
A ruthless Nazi agent and a fanatical follower of Hitler. Von Schroeder gained his reputation as a secret agent during in the First World War. When the Nazi party started to gain control of Germany, Von Schroeder managed to climb the social and political ladder by lending his espionage skills to the party. Because of his ruthless reputation he is known as the Iron Wolf, as he has no regard for those who oppose the Nazi party, and is rumored to have even turned in his own family over to the Gestapo. He follows orders to the letter and no cost is too great in achieving whatever mission the Nazis give him. Now he is on orders from Berlin to find the Seven Cities and their secrets for the Third Reich.

George Stenson
Professor who is an expert on the lore of the Seven Cities. He has a brilliant mind, but he also tends to be eccentric and absent minded at times. He has been mocked by his academic colleagues and deemed a crackpot because of his instance that the legends of the Seven Cities have historical basis. But with the Nazis in hot pursuit of the Seven Cities, George's once mocked knowledge of the Cities will prove invaluable.

Elizabeth Stenson
George's blonde and beautiful sister. Like her brother she has a brilliant mind, but also like her brother she tends to be slightly absent minded at times as well. She first met Indy when she attended the University of Chicago. Now once again she crosses paths with Indy. She wanted Indy's interest in their schooldays and never got it, but can she get it this time?

Planned game features

* Control Indy and also at times his friends in the adventure.
* Travel across the world in the course of the adventure - Spain, France, Jerusalem, England, and Mexico are among the places Indy visits.
* IQ point system with more than one way to solve some puzzles.
* Nazis! (Of course...)

Binary Legends Website:
http://binarylegends.cbm8bit.com

Barnett Section Demo Download:
http://binarylegends.cbm8bit.com/?p=dl

Demo Download Mirror:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1c2tb66umcif7kk

Indy and Binary Legends Wants You!
Last edited by sammymarlo on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Re: Indiana Jones and the Seven Cities of Gold - Fan Project

Post by DrMcCoy »

sammymarlo wrote:It is being made with Adventure Game Studio and it will be for Windows PCs.
...And you've lost me there.
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

Major kudos on releasing source as well, so that others might use it in the future as the basis for creating their own fan projects. Far too often these fan projects seem to treat their source as a closely guarded secret, which can be particularly unfortunate when the projects are never finished.
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

DrMcCoy wrote:
sammymarlo wrote:It is being made with Adventure Game Studio and it will be for Windows PCs.
Wine?
I was able to run the AGDi games in wine-1.3.13 (debian x86)
Harrypoppins

Post by Harrypoppins »

DrMcCoy wrote:
Agreed.
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

It is quite possible that I am spoiled by the quality of fan projects that surround the KQ games, but the sprites and backgrounds presented here are bland and somewhat boring.

They lack the depth and detail of the lucasarts games (even crusaders).

Hopefully the writing and/or puzzles are extraordinary... otherwise there really is no reason to spend the time playing through this.

Apologies for sounding harsh, but personal opinions aren't always positive.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Barnett College indeed strikes me as looking "washed out" and blurry, as if somebody had used Photoshop to apply a Gaussian Blur filter to it.
Anyway, it's easy to complain, but difficult to improve. This is a pre-release teaser, and things are still being worked on, so I'll reserve my judgment for the final version, and wish the people behind this best luck and success!
sammymarlo

Post by sammymarlo »

fingolfin wrote:Barnett College indeed strikes me as looking "washed out" and blurry, as if somebody had used Photoshop to apply a Gaussian Blur filter to it.
We're actually in the process of trying to find a new artist or artists for the team.

If anyone is interested in working as an artist on the team - contact me.
sammymarlo

Post by sammymarlo »

July 4, 2011 Update

Happy 4th of July everyone from Binary Legends!

We're still on the look out for background / sprite artists for the team - if any one is interested - contact me.
TiffRamirez

Post by TiffRamirez »

Oh my, the graphic remind me of my childhood lol
spk64

Post by spk64 »

Does anyone know the fan Adventure
Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark?

Here is the Homepage:
teckelstudios.es/index.php/en/

Now it is only planned in spansih and english!
but a very good port from Movie to PC.
It's one of my highly anticipated adventure games ever,
after The Fountain of Youth
sammymarlo

Post by sammymarlo »

We're still looking for artists plus Adventure Game Studio (AGS) scripters. :)

Here's a sample of a new background picture.

monsieurouxx

Post by monsieurouxx »

There are great new updates to the game!
You guys should check it out.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/fo ... ic=40184.0
NoiZje

Post by NoiZje »

The new teaser pictures look awesome.
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

great job improving from the original posted pictures.