Book'em Danno

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

Retrodude wrote:EDIT: Also, I noticed that with every Living Books game I briefly tested, the title screen introductions and dances do not loop like they're supposed to. I tested the games outside of ScummVM, and the title animations do loop there, so I believe it's a bug relevant to ScummVM.
Mm, this has been driving me mad for a few days now, because I can't work out why they loop in the original. Will take another look at it this evening.
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

fuzzie wrote:
Retrodude wrote:EDIT: Also, I noticed that with every Living Books game I briefly tested, the title screen introductions and dances do not loop like they're supposed to. I tested the games outside of ScummVM, and the title animations do loop there, so I believe it's a bug relevant to ScummVM.
Mm, this has been driving me mad for a few days now, because I can't work out why they loop in the original. Will take another look at it this evening.
Stupid mistake, all fixed now (revision 71bfe714)! Hopefully I didn't break anything else. :)
zerep42

Re: Book'em Danno

Post by zerep42 »

Hello,

I'm a Long-time ScummVM user; first time poster. This is very exciting. I remember when the 'Living Books' came out in the early 90s (back in the days of 'MPCs.') I have the original (US) CDs for:

Arthur's Teacher Trouble
Aesop's Fables: The Tortoise and the Hare
The New Kid on the Block
Arthur's Birthday (original and 2.0)
Little Monster at School
The Berenstain Bears Get in a Fight
The Berenstain Bears in the Dark
Green Eggs and Ham
Arthur's Reading Race
The Cat in the Hat
Arthur's Computer Adventure

I'll try testing those out this week with ScummVM and report my findings.
zerep42

Post by zerep42 »

I tested out the ScummVM daily build for Windows from April 15 with the following titles:

Arthur's Teacher Trouble
Aesop's Fables: The Tortoise and the Hare
The Berenstain Bears Get in a Fight
Arthur's Computer Adventure

All of them ran with no problems that I could see. One thing that is noticeably different from the originals is that the pages pages do not fade out when a new one is loaded.

I noticed that "Arthur's Computer Adventure" was listed in the announcement as a supported game, but it's not on the list here: http://scummvm.org/compatibility/

I also posted some screenshots in the Patches area on Sourceforge:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=d ... tid=418822

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=d ... tid=418822
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

zerep42 wrote:I noticed that "Arthur's Computer Adventure" was listed in the announcement as a supported game, but it's not on the list here: http://scummvm.org/compatibility/
clone2727 wrote:The first batch of supported Living Books games consists of Just Grandma and Me (v1), Arthur's Teacher Trouble, Aesop's Fables: The Tortoise and the Hare, Ruff's Bone, The New Kid on the Block, Arthur's Birthday (v1), Little Monster at School, Harry and the Haunted House, The Berenstain Bears Get in a Fight, Dr. Seuss's ABC, Sheila Rae, the Brave, The Berenstain Bears in the Dark, Stellaluna, and most of Green Eggs and Ham. We hope to support the rest of the games in the future, but in the meantime, we hope that these are enough to keep our loyal users occupied.
Where exactly do you see this?

But thank you for testing! :) Yes, we know fade isn't supported. It's a minor feature anyway.
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

Hello all.

I just got my first 2 living books in the mail. They are "Just Grandma and Me" and "Little Monster at School"

Little monster seems to recognize fine, although Just Grandma & Me does not.

The console states the following when I try to add it:

Please, report the following data to the ScummVM team along with name of the game you tried to ass and its version/language/etc.:
{PAGES.512", 0, "e694ac10f957dd2e20611350bf968da3", 2437},

The game is English and I assume it is a US version.

I have more coming in as I recently bought several from various sites online. I think there are only 2 I haven't found so far. I'll be sure to post the ones which don't load. Please let me know if I can provide any more info.
DarthBo

Post by DarthBo »

Code: Select all

Please, report the following data to the ScummVM team along with name
of the game you tried to add and its version/language/etc.:
  {"PAGES.512", 0, "cd995d20d0d7b4642476fd76044b4e5b", 2961},
name of the game: Arthur's Teacher Trouble
version: no idea, it should be European, but the booklet only mentions US addresses, phone numbers, prices, ...
language: English and Spanish

Need anything else?