Discworld Save.

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MrJamie88

Discworld Save.

Post by MrJamie88 »

Hello there everyone.

I have the The LG Optimus One (P500) Phone and Scummvm works fine, the games run fine but is there anyway possible to save a discworld game as when I use the pause menu you cant click save and I Realllllllly want to play this on my phone without having to start again everytime.

I appreciate all your help so thanks :D
serebei251

Post by serebei251 »

Hi,
You have to use discworld's own save system.
To do so you have to make the virtual keyboard appear (press menu for a few seconds), choose the numeric keyboard (?123 key) and press %.
To load do the same but press &.
Hope this will solve your problem.
Bye
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

serebei251 wrote:Hi,
You have to use discworld's own save system.
To do so you have to make the virtual keyboard appear (press menu for a few seconds), choose the numeric keyboard (?123 key) and press %.
To load do the same but press &.
Hope this will solve your problem.
Bye
I have the exact same problem with Huawei U8150 (Android 2.2) and Huawei U8800 (Android 2.2.1), in which the function keys can't be emulated. And your proposed solution of using % and & keys don't work either. Can you please explain the logic behind % and &? Maybe this way I can find the equivalents on my phones. Thanks.
serebei251

Post by serebei251 »

sorry, actually I found this by accident. After seeing that I needed the function keys I was like ok I won't play this game and I pressed some random keys and got lucky.
Did you try every key of each version of the keyboard ?
For information I use the official port of scummvm, not the sdl backend one, maybe it's important, maybe not.
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

Thanks. By "official port" do you mean the version on the market or the latest stable release (v1.2.1)?
serebei251

Post by serebei251 »

I use the 1.2.1 version.
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

Thanks. I just switched back from the latest build to v1.2.1 and confirmed it. '!' brings up the main menu and '&' loads.
However, aside from not being able to right-click, I have two problems with v1.2.1: The speech and SFX do not work (the music works fine), and bringing up the ScummVM menu freezes ScummVM (I have to press the Home button and kill the app).
Neither of these two problems happen with the latest nightly build, using the exact same game data files. Did you have to deal with any of them?
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

that sounds like it got fixed with:

commit 1b0d4724f4526e1fccec3d457be72eb911908a90
Author: dhewg <dhewg@wiibrew.org>
Date: Fri Mar 4 21:22:16 2011 +0100

ANDROID: Fix slightly off while loop

CursorMan allows to push cursors with a width/height of zero. If such a
cursor is restored, we don't need to call glTexSubImage2D() 0xffffffff
times... This fixes delays of multiple minutes when closing GMM
on groovie and sword.
Also, I want that last hour of my life back.

... which is not part of 1.2.1
serebei251

Post by serebei251 »

I have a htc magic (32b) and I use the search button for right click, does your phone have one ?
Scummvm freezes if I bring the menu in discworld too, however the sfx and speech work fine.
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

I really wanted to play this game so I finally bit the bullet. I checked out the source, mapped the functions keys to some symbols and compiled ScummVM. Works like a charm.
This should do until an official solution is implemented.
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

starting tomorrow, you can open the tinsel dialogs with "1", "5" and "7" too.