Port progress & nightly builds

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Mohawk engine (Myst / Riven)

Post by LordHoto »

elektrolott wrote:Can the build bot be configured to build a working Mohawk engine for Myst and Riven for the next builds?
Currently build bot is only building testing builds for the upcoming release, since that does neither contain Myst nor Riven support you will have to wait till the release testing/preparations is over.
elektrolott

Re: Mohawk engine (Myst / Riven)

Post by elektrolott »

LordHoto wrote: Currently build bot is only building testing builds for the upcoming release, since that does neither contain Myst nor Riven support you will have to wait till the release testing/preparations is over.
Ah, that explains it. thanks!

How long will the testing period be?

It's relatively easy to build scummvm for linux, but the amount of setup work to do an android build is considerably larger, so it would be nice to have a downloadable build. ;-)
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

teh_pwning_dude wrote:Okay, so, Android 2.2.1 (Froyo), HTC Desire HD, latest nightly build doesn't work for me.

It hangs for about 30 seconds when opened, then when it gets to the insanely small screen, the cursor is near-impossible to move around. It's either lagging or not picking up the input, I can't tell which one.

Still no right click for me :( also there go all my saves, because it broke the other version. Of course.
Sorry, I missed that post.
Can you send me the log via alogcat (see first post)?
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

EowynCarter wrote:I had try someting like that.

path = path + directory. But even there, the android-c++ is unknown command.

I'll try some more, maybe I messed up with the path.
PATH needs to contain the directory where arm-linux-androideabi-g++ is located.
If your only goal is to run myst, clone has another solution here: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=10133
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

dhewg, the game "Touche: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer" seems to be unplayable on Android. Its interface requires right-clicking and then moving the mouse to choose the action before releasing the right mouse button. Neither long tap nor two finger tap register as right-click. The search button does open the actions menu, but at least on my phone (Huawei Ideos X5) moving the finger across the screen does not move the mouse pointer while the search button is held down.

This problem is probably due to how the Touche engine itself processes Common::EVENT_RBUTTONDOWN and Common::EVENT_RBUTTONUP events.
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

Haplo wrote:dhewg, the game "Touche: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer" seems to be unplayable on Android. Its interface requires right-clicking and then moving the mouse to choose the action before releasing the right mouse button. Neither long tap nor two finger tap register as right-click. The search button does open the actions menu, but at least on my phone (Huawei Ideos X5) moving the finger across the screen does not move the mouse pointer while the search button is held down.

This problem is probably due to how the Touche engine itself processes Common::EVENT_RBUTTONDOWN and Common::EVENT_RBUTTONUP events.
gah! too many variations. the game is not playable without that feature?
EowynCarter

Post by EowynCarter »

dhewg wrote:
EowynCarter wrote:I had try someting like that.

path = path + directory. But even there, the android-c++ is unknown command.

I'll try some more, maybe I messed up with the path.
PATH needs to contain the directory where arm-linux-androideabi-g++ is located.
If your only goal is to run myst, clone has another solution here: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=10133
Ah, now that makes sence :)
I had fond a directory with some c++ and g++ executable, but these weren't the right ones.
Pointing to the right folder, works indeed.

Tanks :)

PS : mentioning this in the wiki pages would be a good idea ;)
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

dhewg wrote: gah! too many variations. the game is not playable without that feature?
Unfortunately this is the case. The only select-able action is "Look" at the moment, which doesn't get you very far.

What are the coding guidelines in such cases? Is #ifdef'd platform specific code allowed in the engine code?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Hi!

I have an LG GT540 Optimus with android 2.1 Eclair and the latest nightly build doesn't work for me:( After loading sceen, black screen and nothing. Anybody know how to make it work?
erik_deth

Post by erik_deth »

Hi there.

I'm a total noob with this stuff, but I've been using ScummVM on my PC for ages and it rocks! I've just bought an HTC desire Z Android phone and was thrilled when I found out that ScummVM was avilable for my phone. Only problem is, the Keyboard won't enter numbers (difficult when starting Monkey Island 2). I understand this has been fixed in the nightly builds, but I'm having trouble installing said build on my phone. Can anybody please advise how the smeg I can install the build file to get ScummVM working on my phone? That way I can offer constructive feedback for this platform.

Cheers all.
Erik.
Riffer

Post by Riffer »

The current nightly is not able to find the installed engines on my Xoom 3.1.
In the result scummvm is not able to recognize flight of the amazon queen.

Anyone else with this problem?
Lan

Post by Lan »

Riffer wrote:The current nightly is not able to find the installed engines on my Xoom 3.1.

is that with 1.4.0 or 1.3.0?
1.3.0 seemed to work on my Xoom 3.0.1 but haven't had the update for 3.1 yet :(
toadstool

Post by toadstool »

Riffer wrote:The current nightly is not able to find the installed engines on my Xoom 3.1.

Yep, me too. Asus Eee Pad Transformer with the new Honeycomb 3.1 - ScummVM fails to detect any installed plugins.

Here is a hacky solution:

Use Androzip to extract the ScummVM plugin .apks to a folder on your SD card, then set the ScummVM options to point to that folder. For example; I extracted all the lib****.so files to /sdcard/scummvm/ and then set that path in the ScummVM options. It all works again now!

:D
Riffer

Post by Riffer »

Thank you for this solution!
Will try it tomorrow and report back.

//edit: yes! It works again. Thank you very much again!
Jez_Gafys

Post by Jez_Gafys »

Programs loads ok on Samsung galaxy S running 2.3.3 but I am unable to add any games simple says no games found in chosen folder. Never had problems with these exact same games on my Windows mobile (6.x) or PC.