Port progress & nightly builds

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

chrisis

Post by chrisis »

Yeah, shame on me I read it after posting... anyway, I still feel stupid, while I can get to the Buildbot page, I simply cannot find the binaries (latest build seemed to not have worked and I can't find the previous binary...). Could anybody show me the direct link to the latest Android build? (And sorry, I really feel stupid right now... for example I just get to this page: http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builders/ma ... builds/480 )

Edit: Nevermind I just found the builds... I now even feel stupider than before :)
Edit2: Okay, looks like the daily build is working great, thanks for the awesome port, finally can use right click :)!
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

Can someone please try the latest nightly builds with Touche to see if "Two finger tap" and "long tap" cause a proper right-click? For me only pushing the search button works.
lemurguy

right click and more

Post by lemurguy »

I can confirm that multi touching does indeed work.

I'm using the latest nightly build on my new LG G-Slate and its working like a charm.

I have yet to see a lo press work as a right click aloug i personally much prwfer the milti touch approach.

I do haveba concern however and it is regarding the old parser AGS games. With no ohysical keyboard, dpad, or trackball ere is no way to move a character around. Not to mention at since it only rtyns in landscape mode mynkeyboard takes up more then half the visablr screen. Might suggest building your own custom kyboard for scumm or perhaps a set of arrow keys in an overlay for use in movi around when the keyboard isnt visible.

Perhaps this set of arrow keys could be mirrored on the bottom left and top right corners so as to prevent possible occlusion issues. Or beter yet have them be custom placeable. Just my 2 cents.
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

Thanks. But did you try it with "Touche: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer" as I had requested, or are you saying multi-touch works in general?

The "Two finger tap" and "long tap" work for me as right-click in every game I have tried, except for "Touche: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer". Can someone else please check to see if they have the same problem with this particular game?
chrisis

Post by chrisis »

I previously said right click works perfectly in the daily build. And it does, the inventory is coming up fine. However, did I overlook anything, or why doesn't my device register a long left click to bring up the verb coin in COMI? Does anyone have an idea on how I could trigger that thing? Thanks in advance!
EowynCarter

Post by EowynCarter »

Hi,

I download the latest nigthly build. And i'm trying to play myst.
I installed scummvm and mohawk plugin.

got the masterpice CD. Copied the files listed in :
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles inside a "myst folder", and the qtw folder "as is". ie a qtw folder in the "myst folder".

Scummvm detects the game fine. But will display an error : "error executing game, can't find data file". I tried looking for missing file, the list seams complete.

Any clues ?

logs :

Code: Select all

Using configuration file: /data/data/org.inodes.gus.scummvm/files/scummvmrc
W/ScummVM (  960): WARNING: Failed loading symbol 'PLUGIN_getVersion' from plugin '/data/data/org.inodes.gus.scummvm/cache/libscummvm.so' (Symbol not found: )!
D/ScummVM (  960): initializing surface
I/ScummVM (  960): Using EGL 1.4 Android META-EGL (Android); GL OpenGL ES-CM 1.1/Adreno 200 (Qualcomm)
I/ScummVM (  960): Extensions: GL_AMD_compressed_3DC_texture GL_AMD_compressed_ATC_texture GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ATI_compressed_texture_atitc GL_ATI_texture_compression_atitc GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_blend_equation_separate GL_OES_blend_func_separate GL_OES_blend_subtract GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture GL_OES_draw_texture GL_OES_extended_matrix_palette GL_OES_framebuffer_object GL_OES_matrix_palette GL_OES_point_size_array GL_OES_point_sprite GL_OES_read_format GL_OES_stencil_wrap GL_OES_texture_cube_map GL_OES_texture_env_crossbar GL_OES_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_OES_texture_npot
D/ScummVM (  960): initializing viewport
I/ScummVM (  960): overlay size is 480x320
D/szipinf (  960): Initializing inflate state
D/szipinf (  960): Initializing zlib to inflat
D/szipinf (  960): Initializing zlib to inflate
W/ScummVM (  960): WARNING: Myst support not compiled in!
W/ScummVM (  960): WARNING: Mohawk Engine failed to instantiate engine: Game data not found (target 'myst-win-fr', path '/sdcard/JeuxScumm/Myst')!
W/ScummVM (  960): WARNING: Failed loading symbol 'PLUGIN_getVersion' from plugin '/data/data/org.inodes.gus.scummvm/cache/libscummvm.so' (Symbol not found: )!
Does that : WARNING: Myst support not compiled in!
Means it can't find the plugin ?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

EowynCarter wrote:Means it can't find the plugin ?
It means that your build has Mohawk but not Myst enabled. The nightly builds are in 1.3.0pre mode instead of 1.4.0git.
EowynCarter

Post by EowynCarter »

In plain English, that means I have compile scummvm myself to get the right mode ?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

EowynCarter wrote:In plain English, that means I have compile scummvm myself to get the right mode ?
Yes, buildbot builds the stable versions now until the stable version is released
EowynCarter

Post by EowynCarter »

Oh, bummer :(

Well, I'll have a look this week end when I have more time then.
teh_pwning_dude

Post by teh_pwning_dude »

Okay, so, Android 2.2.1 (Froyo), HTC Desire HD, latest nightly build doesn't work for me.

It hangs for about 30 seconds when opened, then when it gets to the insanely small screen, the cursor is near-impossible to move around. It's either lagging or not picking up the input, I can't tell which one.

Still no right click for me :( also there go all my saves, because it broke the other version. Of course.
EowynCarter

Post by EowynCarter »

I'm trying to compile scummvm, from the git source.

And I get this :
testing compiler: arm-linux-androideabi-g++
failure testing compiler: arm-linux-androideabi-g++
testing compiler: arm-linux-androideabi-c++
failure testing compiler: arm-linux-androideabi-c++
testing compiler: android-g++
failure testing compiler: android-g++
testing compiler: android-c++
failure testing compiler: android-c++

My instinct would be that the path to sdk/ndk aren't good. I set ANDROID_SDK=/home/catherine/Downloads/android-sdk-linux_x86.

Anything i'm missing ?
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

You need to extend PATH to the toolchain binaries. On Linux that is $ANDROID_NDK/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin.
EowynCarter

Post by EowynCarter »

I had try someting like that.

path = path + directory. But even there, the android-c++ is unknown command.

I'll try some more, maybe I messed up with the path.
elektrolott

Mohawk engine (Myst / Riven)

Post by elektrolott »

Hi, I downloaded the build from the buildbot yesterday, but if I try to run Myst or Riven I only get an error message Game data not found.

I then downloaded the debian lenny build from the buildbot and verified it had the same problem on my Linux box. On the commandline however it revealed that it seems that the support for Myst and Riven is not compiled in. The about page on android also shows Myst and Riven in 'grey' which I assume means it is missing.

I then built the Linux version from source and configured myst and riven and I could load the games OK.

Can the build bot be configured to build a working Mohawk engine for Myst and Riven for the next builds?

Nexus One, Gingerbread (2.3.4 GRJ22)

Thanks!