Original CD to Android?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

lteva83

Original CD to Android?

Post by lteva83 »

Hey guys,

Sorry, if my post is in the wrong place. I just purchased Broken Sword, and want to play it with my android phone. What do I need to do, so that it's working right? I don't if I need to install the game first on my pc, or something else.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Original CD to Android?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

lteva83 wrote:What do I need to do, so that it's working right? I don't if I need to install the game first on my pc, or something else.
If it's the old 2 CD version, I guess it should just be a matter of copying all the necessary files, though a few have to be renamed because they're different yet have the same name on both discs. There should be brief instructions about this in the README file, and a summary of the files here.

If it's one of the later compilations, with more than one of the Broken Sword games on it, I guess it's possible (I haven't seen them myself) that the games have to be installed just to unpack all the data files.

Mind you, I've only tried this with the standard desktop version of ScummVM.
lteva83

Post by lteva83 »

Hey, thanks! I opened the link you gave me, and copied the files. I couldn't find the smackshi folder. The audio wasn't working either, but I found a rar folder in the cd that made it work.

I'm worried the CD I bought is a copy. I sure hope not.

Thanks again :)