ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > PSP Port > Legend of Kyrandia 3: Speech Skips So Fast It Doesn't Play
Legend of Kyrandia 3: Speech Skips So Fast It Doesn't Play
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
PariahKing

Legend of Kyrandia 3: Speech Skips So Fast It Doesn't Play 

Hi, I'm trying to play Kyrandia 3 on my PSP. Everything works right except there's no sound or music. I tried putting subtitles on to read it without audio but the subtitles appear for a second then blaze by.

Am I supposed to convert certain files to another format or something? Sorry for making a thread but I'm having a hard time finding information on this.

If it's relevant I have a 2001 fully hackable with 5.00 MCC-6 installed, using latest build.

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:16 am 
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

One possibility would be if you didn't copy all the necessary files from your CD, so that it's missing the ones that contain the speech. Though at least in the development version of ScummVM, it should fall back on using subtitles only in that case. I had to force it to try and use speech again to get the problem you describe.

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:05 am 
PariahKing

quote:
Originally posted by eriktorbjorn
One possibility would be if you didn't copy all the necessary files from your CD, so that it's missing the ones that contain the speech. Though at least in the development version of ScummVM, it should fall back on using subtitles only in that case. I had to force it to try and use speech again to get the problem you describe.
All right, I'll try copying all the files off again. Might've done something stupid.

Thanks very much for the swift response.
Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:36 am 
PariahKing

I don't know what I did wrong the first time, but I re-copied the files and now it works perfectly. This is amazing by the way, Scummvm has always been incredible but it's mindblowing how nice Kyrandia 3, probably my favorite old adventure game, looks on PSP.

I really, really appreciate your time and help! Thanks so much.

Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:25 am 
Reply to topic