Legend of Kyrandia 3: Speech Skips So Fast It Doesn't Play

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

PariahKing

Legend of Kyrandia 3: Speech Skips So Fast It Doesn't Play

Post by PariahKing »

Hi, I'm trying to play Kyrandia 3 on my PSP. Everything works right except there's no sound or music. I tried putting subtitles on to read it without audio but the subtitles appear for a second then blaze by.

Am I supposed to convert certain files to another format or something? Sorry for making a thread but I'm having a hard time finding information on this.

If it's relevant I have a 2001 fully hackable with 5.00 MCC-6 installed, using latest build.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

One possibility would be if you didn't copy all the necessary files from your CD, so that it's missing the ones that contain the speech. Though at least in the development version of ScummVM, it should fall back on using subtitles only in that case. I had to force it to try and use speech again to get the problem you describe.
PariahKing

Post by PariahKing »

eriktorbjorn wrote:One possibility would be if you didn't copy all the necessary files from your CD, so that it's missing the ones that contain the speech. Though at least in the development version of ScummVM, it should fall back on using subtitles only in that case. I had to force it to try and use speech again to get the problem you describe.
All right, I'll try copying all the files off again. Might've done something stupid.

Thanks very much for the swift response.
PariahKing

Post by PariahKing »

I don't know what I did wrong the first time, but I re-copied the files and now it works perfectly. This is amazing by the way, Scummvm has always been incredible but it's mindblowing how nice Kyrandia 3, probably my favorite old adventure game, looks on PSP.

I really, really appreciate your time and help! Thanks so much.