The Dig Plugin

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Exclaymation

The Dig Plugin

Post by Exclaymation »

Hey, I just got this app and I downloaded the plugin that allows me to play Full Throttle, Sam and Max, etc. I am trying to to play The Dig, but whenever I choose the folder that the game is in, it says that the game can't be found. The game is in a .bin and .cue format but it still doesn't recognize it. I am on a HTC Desire rooted with a 2.3 build. Do I have to download another plugin or is my case just hopeless?
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

The game files are not .cue nor .bin. Those extensions indicate you are currently using a CD image you downloaded, thus a pirated version.

We do *NOT* support pirated version. Buy The Dig on ebay (for example), then come back and you'll receive help if you need some.
Exclaymation

Post by Exclaymation »

Strangerke wrote:The game files are not .cue nor .bin. Those extensions indicate you are currently using a CD image you downloaded, thus a pirated version.

We do *NOT* support pirated version. Buy The Dig on ebay (for example), then come back and you'll receive help if you need some.
Whoa man, way to greet new members. Before you jump to conclusions and judge me, you should probably get your facts right. I DO own the game and have for a while now. I attached a picture of my game just in case you still doubt me. I am not in the pirated games thing so don't go being a jerk at me.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/3 ... directlink

Yeah, I did download the game but it is completely legal to download a game if you already own it at least by the Digital Millenium Copyright Act in 2007. If that has changed then you are half correct, but your accusations are still unfounded.

Now, if you could help me, that would be sweet since you are the dev and all, but I will understand if you don't feel like it.
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

OK, I won't argue whether your download is legal or not, let's focus on your original CD.

Use it and copy the files described on here .

You may also find some interesting information in the User Guide .

Don't hesitate to ask if you don't succeed in adding the game using your CD and those information ;)
Exclaymation

Post by Exclaymation »

Thank you heaps. I guess I was being lazy since I only did a small search on the website before I jumped on to the forums. I will give it a go right now and I will let you now the outcomes. Thanks a bunch.
Exclaymation

Post by Exclaymation »

Holy crap, it worked! I just copied the files to the phone and chose the path and it worked. Actually it failed the first few times, but then it just worked. This is incredible. Thanks heaps Strangerke, you are the best. Expect a donation from me :D
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

You're welcome :)
milkalex

Post by milkalex »

Hi,

I copied the files from the Game folder on the CD on the SD Card but still it can't load the game or find it. I used the files described on the website. It works fine in Scumvm 1.5 for Windows.