SummSpeaks, Speech and MI2

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

Yeah it's all OK.

I think he's re-recording what he's done as separate lines this time
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

The project has escalated to a scale I did not expect.

Mix 'n' Mojo are even giving me a hosted site, with some spiffy features including unlimited... everything. Anyway. Alcohol free beer for everyone. Let's have a placebo party.
raina

Post by raina »

Re-recording, nice. But I just read on the project forum that the instructions STILL talk about lossy Ogg Vorbis files. I can see that the project is currently on hold but it sounds like our concerns weren't really addressed. Even if you did manage to skip one stage of decoding and encoding (symptom), the lack of a lossless master (cause) means it's not possible to create a higher-or-equal (to Ogg Vorbis) quality, possibly more efficient transcoding of the project in the future.
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

Who?
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

I guess he's saying that you should ask for auditions in ogg format, but when you have your cast of actors decided you need them to record and save their lines as a lossless format (flac) and send them to you so that there won't be any quality loss when you are editing lines, but always keep the lines in flac format and only convert to ogg as temporary files to make the sog file.
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

Oh it doesn't matter right now.

I have someone lines up as a sound techie head guy (who just so happens to have made ScummSpeaks in the first place). Next release it should all sound ok. If it doesn't then we're screwed.