Version 0.9.1beta4 released for testing!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

How long did you wait? There is a delay before Kyrandia starts.
mkygod

Post by mkygod »

Just a quick report:

Indiana Jones: fate of atlantis works like a charm on my M3 Lite. Music, speech, and saving all work. That makes 3 games that works very well so far for me(DOTT, Sam&Max, and now Indy)

Thanx for having the patience to support M3 SD/Lite. I thought you had given up on M3 after 0.61 but i was wrong.
kedest83

Post by kedest83 »

finally it works on my M3 minisd! Excellent work!
apoc_reg

Post by apoc_reg »

Quick question

can i use a monkey 2 save made with m3 test build on the beta 4 build?

I assume probably not?! if thats the case i might wait till the final build to play into anything in depth

Cheers
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

You can use any save with any version of ScummVM DS.
kedest83

Post by kedest83 »

will compressed sound support (either oog or mp3) be added in a future release?
chrisis

Super Card CF

Post by chrisis »

Just to let you know (if not known already), it doesn't work on Supercard CF too :-( Just hangs after the "ZIP file check...Not in use!" message. All versions up to beta 3 worked like a charm, so so I estimate, it has to do with that new M3-driver.
But since, as I read, the same problems are with Supercard SD too, you are probably already aware of these problems.
Still, great work on ScummVM-DS, it's great playing Monkey Island and Dott on the train :)

bye,
chris
Metal_Spirit

Post by Metal_Spirit »

Well.. I can´t figure what´s wrong... But both my cards are 100% ok, are from the same brand, formated the same, and with equal clusters...

ScummVm works nicely with one of them detecting the card reader, but when installed on the other it doesn´t work, hanging after the zip check...

I cannot understand this, specially since the card in wich Scumm doesn´t work is the one I have Dsorganize in, and since the driver is the same, something is wrong here? Isnt there any bugs at all in the m3 initialization code??? This is very weird...
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

kedest83, ScummVM DS already supports compressed audio. MP3 is supported for speech, and IMA ADPCM is supported for CD audio.
zeravlam

Post by zeravlam »

agentq wrote:How long did you wait? There is a delay before Kyrandia starts.
I waited a long time, with the other versions I could play but it doesn't do a thing with this one.

EDIT: Ok, nevermind, I have to wait a little more and it worked, no big deal. Sorry.

Then everything seems to be fine with M3 Lite. Great work!

ZRV
Last edited by zeravlam on Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
apoc_reg

Post by apoc_reg »

agentq wrote:You can use any save with any version of ScummVM DS.
Great

Thanks again for answering my many questions :)
kedest83

Post by kedest83 »

agentq wrote:kedest83, ScummVM DS already supports compressed audio. MP3 is supported for speech, and IMA ADPCM is supported for CD audio.
ah, thanks for the reply. i tried to run a version with oog, but i'll try to find a mp3 version now. thanks.
Faust

Post by Faust »

Device: SC Micro SD
Zip method works flawless, save with quickpowercircle (reboot ds quickly after you saved and save in an empty sav file)

tested with Monkey island 2
MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

SC CF doesn't work here :cry:

Looks like you'll have to release two different versions of it for M3 and SC users (and hopefully in the future G6 and EZ4 :wink: ).
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

There will never be separate builds for different flash cards. If they can't be made to work together, they won't be included.