Android Quicksave accidentally overwritten

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

hubi

Android Quicksave accidentally overwritten

Post by hubi »

Hello,
I accidentally pressed "save" when I wanted to load a save state and this overwrote my progress. I am playing on android and I don't want to replay all the things in Monkey Island 3. Is there any way to restore the overwritten save game?

Thank you.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Android Quicksave accidentally overwritten

Post by Praetorian »

hubi wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:13 amIs there any way to restore the overwritten save game?
I don't think there's any way for that, unless you kept a backup copy of your saved games folder some time beforehand.

If you have autosaving enabled, maybe you can load the game in the autosave slot which potentially would be close to the point where you were in the game.

Did you not keep any other (manually) saved games during your playthrough?

Edit: Also, please clarify how do you mean "Android Quicksave", as I may misunderstand what you're referring to here.
hubi

Re: Android Quicksave accidentally overwritten

Post by hubi »

Praetorian wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:25 pm
hubi wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:13 amIs there any way to restore the overwritten save game?
Edit: Also, please clarify how do you mean "Android Quicksave", as I may misunderstand what you're referring to here.
I just mean the ScummVM menu that has a "save" and "load" button, should have written ScummVM.
Thanks. If it there's no Secret backend solution that I could use then I think I will have to play from my last savegame. What a shame :(