Text speed issues and recommendation

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

neuromancer

Text speed issues and recommendation

Post by neuromancer »

Hi!

I've been playing Monkey Island 2 for quite some time now on my Axim. Somehow I must have accidentally changed the text speed to max (that is high speed). It was quite annoying and ruined the gaming experience. I couldn't find a way to slow it down again - no mapping for any key (not even in the latest release 0.8.1) or in one of the menus.

Here's what I did: I moved everything to my Windows XP pc and loaded a savegame (which I also transferred). I slowed down the speed, saved that file again and transferred everything back to my pda. As the text speed is saved in the savegames, the speed was back to a readable, and thus enjoyable speed.

But PLEASE put an option in one of the menus to adjust the text speed display.

Thanks!
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hello,

there is a "talkspeed" setting in the ini File which allows to adjust the text speed. See Readme for details.

kind regards

Frank
mh789

Post by mh789 »

Having the same problem ...
frank_m24 wrote:there is a "talkspeed" setting in the ini File which allows to adjust the text speed. See Readme for details.
That isn't much of a help, as the text speed is also stored in the savegames - and I don't want to start the game all over again just to have the text speed adjusted.

There really should be an option available to change the text speed during game.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

There is a subtitle speed setting bar available in the options menu of 0.9.0 prerelease.