Tender loving care / typing?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Johndoe666x
Got a warning

Tender loving care / typing?

Post by Johndoe666x »

[b]I have an android galaxy s22 ultra and try to play tender loving care but I see no option how I can type my name to proceed[/b]
Attachments
Screenshot_20230901_154701_ScummVM.jpg
Screenshot_20230901_154701_ScummVM.jpg (608.95 KiB) Viewed 5647 times
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Tender loving care / typing?

Post by Praetorian »

Johndoe666x wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:50 pm I have an android galaxy s22 ultra and try to play tender loving care but I see no option how I can type my name to proceed
What is the ScummVM version you're testing with?

In the screenshot you are in "Gamepad emulation" mode. Switch to either "Direct mouse" or "Touchpad emulation" and select a "Name" line with the mouse cursor + left click (simple tap), as the instructions in your screenshot suggest.

Does the virtual keyboard not come up at that point?

If not, you can long-press on the game control icon (top right, next to the menu icon) and it should bring up the virtual keyboard, or alternatively place three fingers progressively on the screen and hold them down for more than 3 seconds.

If the virtual keyboard won't come up, your device may be detecting a physical keyboard connected, so you'll have to use that one instead.

Edit: It seems that the virtual keyboard won't come up by itself just by clicking on a "Name" slot. So, you have to use the ways I suggest above to bring up the virtual keyboard on-demand