Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - AMIGA version is not working

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Lumina

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - AMIGA version is not working

Post by Lumina »

Greetings everyone

I'm new to this board, but i've been using ScummVM for a good while now, with no issues whatsoever, but recently i ran into a small problem trying to run the Amiga version of "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis".

For that game, i use a ROM file that contains multiple versions (all in german language) such as:

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (PC DOS)
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (Steam)
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (Floppy)
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (Amiga)
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (FM-TOWNS)

4 out of 5 versions run perfectly on ScummVM, but whenever i'm trying to launch the Amiga version from said ROM, the following error pops up:

"This AMIGA version additionally requires at least one of the following files:"

AMIGA1.IMS

Please copy those files into the game's folder.

Afterwards, all i can do is press the OK button in that error screen and the Debugging console starts to pop up saying this:

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (Amiga/Amiga)
ScummVM 2.7.1 (Jul 23 2023 00:18:44)
Console is ready
Debugger started, type 'exit' to return to the game.
Type
'help' to see a little list of commands and variables.
ERROR: Muse initialization - Device not available!

I'm running ScummVM on a MacBook Air M1 2020, with everything up to date, both my OS (MacOS Ventura 13.5.1) as well as ScummVM (Version 2.7.1) and it's the only game (version) i'm having troubles with, as all the other games i have added to ScummVM work fine - with no errors whatsoever, including Amiga-versions.

Does anybody have a proper solution/workaround for this issue or even the obviously missing .ims files at hand? - i would really like to get that Amiga version of Indy4 running, as i heard it's one of the best versions of the game.

I haven't tinkered around with any settings within ScummVM btw. Since all ROM's ever just worked, everything runs on the default settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance. :)
AndywinXp

Re: Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - AMIGA version is not working

Post by AndywinXp »

Jeez folks, we have it plastered everywhere that we don't offer support for illegally downloaded games, why does this keep happening? :(

Also, just buy the Steam version, the Amiga version is missing the majority of music
Lumina

Post by Lumina »

I in fact purchased the Steam version of the game, directly from Steam several months ago - however, ever since Apple decided to make the switch away from Intel-based processors, the game no longer works natively on my M1 MacBook, so to make it work, i've to run it through ScummVM.

The problem i have also solely affects the Amiga version of the game, the Steam one runs as intended.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

The rule about not supporting pirated versions of games is very clear though and your request is in violation of that rule (#0 here: viewtopic.php?t=17)

ScummVM does not and will not provide support for such versions and you can find out why here. This is not up for discussion.