Hopkins FBI - tiny mouse cursor at 4k resolution

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Kasenshlogga

Hopkins FBI - tiny mouse cursor at 4k resolution

Post by Kasenshlogga »

I just tried running Hopkins FBI on the latest Windows daily build and it seems there's something wrong with the mouse cursor scaling because it's very small, almost invisible, so much so that the small text underneath the cursor becomes illegible with shaders enabled:
scummvm 2023-06-23 13-00-42.jpg
scummvm 2023-06-23 13-00-42.jpg (2.22 MiB) Viewed 6488 times
It's on the red car, next to the player character.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Hopkins FBI - tiny mouse cursor at 4k resolution

Post by Praetorian »

I can confirm that this happens in 2.7.0 and 2.8.0git built from current master HEAD with the demo for Hopkins FBI too (tested with the Windows 95/English one).

Setting the graphics mode to SurfaceSDL seems to fix the cursor scaling, so it seems to be OpenGL specific issue.

I think this can be filed as a ticket on the bug tracker. Could you open a ticket there for it?

Edit: Also tested with ScummVM 2.5.0 today and this issue is there too.

Edit 2: A potential solution has been filed as a PR here: https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/pull/5119

Edit 3: The fix has been merged with the master branch of the ScummVM repository. It should be part of tomorrow's daily development build
Kasenshlogga

Re: Hopkins FBI - tiny mouse cursor at 4k resolution

Post by Kasenshlogga »

Praetorian wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:52 pm I can confirm that this happens in 2.7.0 and 2.8.0git built from current master HEAD with the demo for Hopkins FBI too (tested with the Windows 95/English one).

Setting the graphics mode to SurfaceSDL seems to fix the cursor scaling, so it seems to be OpenGL specific issue.

I think this can be filed as a ticket on the bug tracker. Could you open a ticket there for it?

Edit: Also tested with ScummVM 2.5.0 today and this issue is there too.

Edit 2: A potential solution has been filed as a PR here: https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/pull/5119

Edit 3: The fix has been merged with the master branch of the ScummVM repository. It should be part of tomorrow's daily development build
Damn, that was quick. Didn't even get the chance to file the bug ticket. Thanks! :D