Restore Music Bug: Simon the Sorcerer

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Sandalwood42

Restore Music Bug: Simon the Sorcerer

Post by Sandalwood42 »

I actually like the "bugged" tracks in Simon the Sorcerer that ScummVM played in older versions; is there any way to restore them to that state? I primarily play on my 3DS, so I can't go back to the most recent version because there aren't older 3DS versions available on the download page.

https://github.com/Cruel/scummvm/tree/3ds Here is a link to the only old version that I am aware of that still contains this particular bug. It hasn't been updated since 2016 though, so it can't play some games (like Lure of the Temptress) and it doesn't have nearly as many cool features as the current version.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Restore Music Bug: Simon the Sorcerer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Sandalwood42 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:47 pm I actually like the "bugged" tracks in Simon the Sorcerer that ScummVM played in older versions; is there any way to restore them to that state?
I don't remember what you mean by the older "bugged" tracks. The only thing I can think of is playing the MT-32 music without remapping the instrument to their General MIDI counterparts, and I don't even know if that applies to the 3DS.