Command line resolution

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

scoriae

Command line resolution

Post by scoriae »

I am trying to set the window resolution at the command line, however it seems to always default to the last window height and width defined in the scummvm.ini file.

Here is the base command launch line I am using:

scummvm.exe --no-console -F --stretch-mode=pixel-perfect --renderer=opengl --window-size=800,600 --config=.\2.7\scummvm.ini --opl-driver=nuked --output-rate=44100 -p".\loom" loom

However the window size is MUCH larger than this, as it seems to be using values in the ini file. Is this expected behavior? Wouldn't the command line values typically override the ini values?

I have gone in an deleted the values from the ini file, however they get restored. And while I may wanrt this game at 800x600, a newer game may use a widescreen resolution. But which ever one was launched first is now defined in the ini, and subsequent games simply use that value.

I wasn't sure if this was a bug or expected behavor, so I figured I would ask here first before going and filing anything.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Re: Command line resolution

Post by criezy »

There might be a confusion here. The window-size is documented as being for opengl only, but this is not related to the --renderer= setting (only used for 3D games, so irrelevant for loom). Instead this is related to the --gfx-mode= setting. Currently OpenGL is the default graphics mode on Windows and macOS, but not on Linux. And this would also depend on your settings. So I think the first step is to make sure you are indeed using the OpenGL graphics mode.

However it is entirely possible that this is a bug. The command line should indeed override the values from the scummvm.ini file. So if that is not what happens when using the OpenGL graphics mode, it would be good to open a ticket on https://bugs.scummvm.org/
scoriae

Re: Command line resolution

Post by scoriae »

thank you. I will try forcing opengl using the --gfx-mode setting. However, if it is the default, then the window res should have worked when I wasn't explicitly defining anything.