Broken Sword 1 and 2 MP3's

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Chewy

Broken Sword 1 and 2 MP3's

Post by Chewy »

Is there any legal way for me to get some MP3's of the Broken Sword games?

I bought both off eBay and wish to play them on my PSP using the PSP SCUMM VM. Unfortunately, the game is in Spanish. All my cutscenes are in English because of the pack supplied on this website, but all in-game sound is Spanish.

Help? Anyone? Please?

Much appreciated.
clem

Re: Broken Sword 1 and 2 MP3's

Post by clem »

Chewy wrote:Is there any legal way for me to get some MP3's of the Broken Sword games?

I bought both off eBay and wish to play them on my PSP using the PSP SCUMM VM. Unfortunately, the game is in Spanish. All my cutscenes are in English because of the pack supplied on this website, but all in-game sound is Spanish.

Help? Anyone? Please?

Much appreciated.
you can either get the spanish cutscenes, then the whole game is in spanish, or turn off the speech and live with the english subtitles and no speech

distributing the audio data isn't legal until Revolution says otherwise

sorry,
clem
Temperance

Re: Broken Sword 1 and 2 MP3's

Post by Temperance »

clem wrote:
distributing the audio data isn't legal until Revolution says otherwise

sorry,
clem
Hm.....when I ran a Google search for "Broken Sword 2 text.clu (the file with the subtitles), one of the results I got was from the Revolution Games forum itself. The link led to the forum main page and I had to search again for "text.clu". This led to a thread "BS2- English text.clu file rquest" where a user asked for the text.clu english subtitle file and received it too. The replier also accidentally posted the text.clu file for BS1. I took the text.clu for BS2 and replaced the one in my version and it worke beautifully- it replaces all the dialoque subtitles and in-game text and menu text. However, I noticed that the size of the english file is 298KB the same size as the text.clu file from the demo of BS2 (which by the way you can also use but may only contain half the subtitles). The original text.clu file in my version (italian) is over 400KB. The person who requested the file didn't report back with any problems so I'm assuming it is the full text.clu and the replier should've gotten it from his version of the game.

As the discussion and the file(s) were on the official Revolution Software site, I'm assuming it's okay.

BTW: I'm aware you were asking about the speech. I couldn't find anything about that but I did find English subtitles.

EDIT: Yes! These are the full english subtitles...whaddya know....