S60 Nokia 6600 : DOTT Sound plays at a wrong rate (slowly):)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

worldmast

S60 Nokia 6600 : DOTT Sound plays at a wrong rate (slowly):)

Post by worldmast »

Hi,

First I want to thank you for the amazing Symbian release of ScummVM :)
I installed successfully the 0.8.1 v2 for S60 on my 6600.
I started to install my english version of DOTT (no-voice after intro version), and this version didn't worked: a scummvm error message like "missing 46.lfl"
I installed the French (no voice after intro) version, and it works wonderfully... but the sound is playing at a wrong rate (slow) but the game isn't slow at all :) I tried every audio drivers but the result is the same evry time :)
I am the only one with this matter? Is there is a way to solve it? :)

Thanks again :)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I need some more explanation.
Firstly does both the music and voices sound slow or is it only the voices?

And secondly sound on the 6600 has been a problem, but it should be much more stable, the problem is that when playing at 16 khz, it might reverse down to 8 khz if a playback failure occurs, but I have fixed this by resetting the audio back to 16 khz again. But if this does n't work all sound should be slow, both music and voices. If its only the vocies, there might be something wrong with your french version. Have you tried any of the freeware games (Queen of the ... or Beneath a steel sky) and had the same problem on those?
worldmast

Post by worldmast »

Hi,

In fact sounds (including voices) and music are both playing slowly :) (Seems to be half rate)
I also tried a lot of my old games (english versions for most of them) and the sound is playing half-rate too, (I tried Monkey 1, Indy 3 and 4, Sam & Max, ... )

I can try tomorrow with the freeware games and I'll tell you the results :)

Thanks a lot for the fast reply :)
worldmast

Post by worldmast »

Ok... Same problem for the freeware games...
grasp

Post by grasp »

How do you change(or reset ) the sound to play at 16 kz ? :?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Quit scummvm and restart it would be the easiest way. I have code to handle this but it does n't detect it to 100% of the cases where its wrong, and is also dependant on the phone you are running on.
grasp

Post by grasp »

Well quitting didn't solve the problem . Sound still plays at half-speed .

( And the game which is try to run is sam&max and i have nokia 6600...)

:roll:
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Ahh the 6600.. Hmm well. there is a way to set the samplerate to 8khz in the sdl.ini file. But I have to come back to that abit later as I dont have that setting here right now.
maaaatt

Post by maaaatt »

Hey, I'm having the exact same problem with my 6600. The sound is very slow. Have you found a solution yet?

Could it be the firmware version? Mines v3.42.1.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well.. I was building an old version which did n't include the right sample rates. Please checkout anotherguest.k0.se/cvsbuilds to see if that helps for you.