Simon the Sorcerer 3

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

chas-g

Simon the Sorcerer 3

Post by chas-g »

I've got all 3 Simon games & only the first 2 can be played by mouse.

As Simon 3 can only be played by keyboard I was wondering if any of you clever techies have or can create a patch so that the game can be played by mouse or joypad (I use my trusty Microsoft Sidewinder pad with Grim Fandango).

This would improve the playability of the game (I've only briefly played this game but apparently the game isn't that good so any improvement would help).
SimSaw

Post by SimSaw »

I think you're in the wrong spot here. The ScummVM team and everyone else here concentrate their forces on ScummVM engine related topics. Your chances are very bad to get somebody to help you here. It's even sometimes hard to get a ScummVM related request through.
DarkSoul

Post by DarkSoul »

Simon 3 or Simon 3D is a 3d graphics game. How would a point and click interface work with such graphics. Your just stuck with keyboard controls, the same was with Monkey Island 4.
noize

Post by noize »

I use JoyToKey. Great application for games like Simon3D.

http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/Jo ... ersion.htm
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

DarkSoul wrote:Simon 3 or Simon 3D is a 3d graphics game. How would a point and click interface work with such graphics. Your just stuck with keyboard controls, the same was with Monkey Island 4.
That's not always true. There are some 3D adventures which use point&click. The Westerner, for example. Also, I've heard that the new Broken Sword 4 will use the point and click interface again. Imho using a keyboard in Broken Sword 3 wasn't that bad, what was bad was all those push-the-box-around-puzzles in the game. That was annoying! :roll: