What happened to MonkeyUpdate.exe for Escape From Monkey Island

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

cjiph

What happened to MonkeyUpdate.exe for Escape From Monkey Island

Post by cjiph »

Hi,

Everywhere I've looked for information on how to setup Escape From Monkey Island with SCUMM/ResidualVM suggests a patched version of the binary is needed, and all (eventually) say this should be available at: https://demos.residualvm.org/patches/MonkeyUpdate.exe. Unfortunately this is 404 right now.

Can someone provide an alternate, preferably stable link? Or, is there some legal (?) reason this is no longer available? Maybe there's a way to get the game working without this?

Thanks,
Jacob
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: What happened to MonkeyUpdate.exe for Escape From Monkey Island

Post by eriktorbjorn »

It looks like Disney has a page for updates and patches for the LucasArts games now. Which I didn't really expect, to be honest.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

And otherwise we are now hosting them at https://downloads.scummvm.org/frs/extras/patches/.
cjiph

Post by cjiph »

Hmm, I guess Disney must acquired LucasArts along with Lucasfilm. How interesting.

Anyway both of those links look like they'll do, thanks!
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

eriktorbjorn wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:47 am It looks like Disney has a page for updates and patches for the LucasArts games now. Which I didn't really expect, to be honest.
Of course i see this after looking everywhere else lol. That is super cool, they even have patches for loom and somi, very unexpected indeed