wish: S80 'Stretched' screen

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

zod

wish: S80 'Stretched' screen

Post by zod »

it would nice to have 'stretched' mode like in eFrodo by Hannu V.
at beginning it seems little bit ugly but much better for eyes.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Yep, I have been starting streching for S90, so I can use that for S80 too. Right now I am stretching x2.. 1.5 might be better.
zod

Post by zod »

Anotherguest wrote:Yep, I have been starting streching for S90, so I can use that for S80 too. Right now I am stretching x2.. 1.5 might be better.
it's nice to hear:)

i post some found bugs here too:
* cant map some keys (like 'menu')
* sound is always loud (can be muted by options->audio->music driver: no music)
* after call sound is absent

checked if sound problems exists in frodo but they dont (both escumm and efrodo based on similar sdl port?)
tested with 9500. i can also test with 9210 when i find some working piece.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

1. Some keys are hardcoded for a specific use (Menu is F5)
2. I have fixed this by setting the volume 50 % instead of max. Still internal sound mixing settings should work
3. This I dont know how to handle. I guess I have to restart the sound handling somehow.. I need more devices to test with. :-)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

You can try the an improved (hopefully) version at http://anotherguest.b0.se/cvsbuilds/ now.. Sound volume as been reduced and S80 stretch has been implemented (option key 3, when cursor keymode is selected)
zod

Post by zod »

Anotherguest wrote:You can try the an improved (hopefully) version at http://anotherguest.b0.se/cvsbuilds/ now.. Sound volume as been reduced and S80 stretch has been implemented (option key 3, when cursor keymode is selected)
lot better with stretched version:)
could u also add 2.4x streching? (640x200 - then it will be full screen)

in this version internal mixer works! (not like previous build). dint diff src but i guess u changed more than just default volume:P
so sound problems are solved.

also it happened to hang escummvm with atlantis one time. didnt retest but if i got my phone repaired then i try to reproduce this. (it happened on quiting)
zod

Post by zod »

zod wrote:so sound problems are solved.
played little more with sound. it seems that volume control works with indy4, dott,mi2 but not mi1. tried to readd the game and play with settings - no help.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

But which version of MI1 are you using!? The CD version or Diskversion. There is at least 3 different versions of MI1, the CD version is using MP3/OGG for music and you cant regulate the volume of this using the builtin mixer.

And btw.. stretching 320x200 to 640x200 looks awful just to much widescreen, so I am using a 1.5 factor which does n't look too bad. So 2.4.. that would be 320x2.4 which would yield 768x200, would look really bad, and you would n't even be able to see the whole screen

The atlantis problem is probably an out of memory problem, and then ScummVM might not be closed properly. Try a smaller, scumm only version to is if this can help.
zod

Post by zod »

Anotherguest wrote:But which version of MI1 are you using!?
according to http://www.scummvm.org/documentation.php?view=md5 its 'VGA (4 disk)' and checksum was 15e03ffbfeddb9c2aebc13dcb2a4a8f4
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Oki.. not sure what kind of music that is using. .Not MP3 then